Trimix Deep Dive Prerequisite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If sidemount is your long term plan then fundies is almost not worth it. I'd put that effort into a GOOD tech sidemount course then plan on at least 50 dives in that configuration.

If sidemount is your long term plan then fundies is almost not worth it. I'd put that effort into a GOOD tech sidemount course then plan on at least 50 dives in that configuration.
Eh, hard disagree.

Signed, mostly dive sm CCR.

Eh, hard disagree.

Signed, mostly dive sm CCR.

Guess it depends on you base level of skill and the instructor you have.
I mostly dive with GUE divers at open dives. When I do Fundies it'll be to access their closed dives and nothing more.
If GUE starts offering sidemount outside cave I'll rethink.

I do think the OP is trying to skip through cards too fast. Sidemount isn't learned (well) quickly and AN/DP offers a big leap in capability compared to NDL diving so why rush?

THANKS!!! You saved me a lot of time. I'm so glad I posted as I was going way out of order but I think I have everything planned out correctly now.
OK so let's try this again, my Scuba New Year training plan:

- Practice diving wing setup (20-30 dives)
- Take GUE Fundies
- After rec pass, dive SM setup (20-30 dives)
- Take ANDP
- Dive/practice techniques taught in ANDP (20-30 dives)
- Take Trimix
First time you have NOT mentioned ER....which is deep air. Not a good idea.

Yep, this is a problem with Fundies/GUE. Sometimes SM is the right answer.
That is your opinion. They obviously don't see it that way.

I do think the OP is trying to skip through cards too fast. Sidemount isn't learned (well) quickly and AN/DP offers a big leap in capability compared to NDL diving so why rush?
I am NOT a card collector. I am merely trying to plan out my training for the coming year, I am not in a rush, I just want to have a good solid plan in place. The original plan I had was all over the place but everyone on this thread has helped me come up with a good training plan.
As far as sidemount is concerned, I have already earned TDI Technical Sidemount and have actually picked it up well and have already done a few dives, however I have already mentioned that I wanted to get more dives in at sidemount before moving on to ANDP. I have also been told to wait and practice ANDP before going on to Trimex. There is no rush here, just planning, all I was asking was does the final plan I have look OK.

First time you have NOT mentioned ER....which is deep air. Not a good idea.
Yes I have been warned about that. I wonder why it is offered as a class if it has the potential to be so deadly?

Yes I have been warned about that. I wonder why it is offered as a class if it has the potential to be so deadly?
TDI has motioned to nix it a few times, and a small minority of instructors flip out and lament inability to get or afford helium, and thus it continues.

Edit: wrong gas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom