Trimix Diving Subic Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
The bay in Subic can get to around 70-75 meters deep. I would like to do some 80-100 meter dives, is it possible to get those depths around the subic bay area???
Prefer to do the dives in Subic then travel to Analao just to do the dives.

andibk

Hi buddy.

Check the link: NOAA Nautical Chart - Subic Bay

Depths seem to drop off steeply (possibly a wall) about 2km SW/SSW of the bay (see bottom left of the chart). Everything else seems 80m max.

Quite possible to arrange dives out there, if conditions are good, but I don't know of any specific features to dive on (yet). Worth looking though. :)

I think there'sw an F-4 Phantom jet at 205fsw, not marked on dive maps r/t few divers going to that depth.
The F-4 fuselage is ONLY about 45m and not very interesting.
The AJ-2 is also outside the bay at around 72m.
I believe the OP was enquiring 100m depth.

I have been on the F4 a couple times and it is only in the 45 m range if I remember right. There was a rumor about a shipwreck in 90 m but never heard anything more then that. Would be nice if there was to safe me the trip to Analao.

I'll see what I can put together, the next time I'm in Subic. Probably be in a few weeks, as my leg's re-infected again - on my second course of antibiotics and looking at another visit to the OR. Are you on a time-scale?

I have been on the F4 a couple times and it is only in the 45 m range if I remember right. There was a rumor about a shipwreck in 90 m but never heard anything more then that. Would be nice if there was to safe me the trip to Analao.
There is one or two further up north along the ocast of La Union. I read an article on one of the dive but could not locate the source. Tim at Ocean Deep probably knows more.
The logistic could be your main concern.
Good luck.

Hi,
I went a couple of times to a small tanker outside the Bay on the sandy bottom at around 90-100m.
Just contact George @ Broadwalk as he has the coordinates.
Jale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom