Trimix for girls??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried lifting a set yet? They aren't as heavy as they look and if nobody tells you how much they weigh they seem that much lighter. I've only dove double 100's one time (with aluminum backplate and 16 pounds in my harness) and tried on Diverbrian's double 130's once but with the weight distributed on both your shoulders and your hips you don't feel it as much. I'm not a big girl either, when I tried on Brian's tanks a couple of guys were betting I couldn't pick them up let alone walk away with them :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

cmalinowski:
Where is H2Andy to tell you to get a man to help you?

even i can't be everywhere at once, you know... :10:

but to answer the question, chickdiver already did

there's plenty of women who do serious deco diving with multiple stages.

i have a seriously bad back (broken L1 vertebrae) and i can manage doubles
(by keeping them small .. right now LP 85'), using a hand-cart, and taking it
slowly. with stages (i have an AL 80 and have rented a steel 40), i just make extra trips to and from the water, and take it easy.

it can be done! i've noticed that once you get used to a certain size, you
can then move up with not so much trauma as if you start out with a larger
tank to begin with.

silly rabbit, trimix is for kids...

Don't be put off by the weight of the tanks. Most of it is technique and familiarity, the rest of it is practice. I don't think that you'll have a problem.

Since you are overweighted in a single LP95, you might want to think about getting a drysuit to manage your buoyancy. :D

Can you say squat thrusts?
Actually, don't worry--the tanks won't bother you any more when you start obsessing about having to wear a diaper.

Oh, I'm probably going to have to do that soon, anyway . . . :)

do it easy:
silly rabbit, trimix is for kids...

You are a nut! :lol:

I just started diving doubles and had the same trepedations. First I tried double 72s then AL 80s (I dive wet) and found them easy to handle in the water. The hardest part is getting up and I found that twisting my left shoulder towards my right knee gets them moving so that I can use the muscles in my legs to stand up. I'm tall, but I weight 129 pounds so I'm no weight lifter either.

Good luck, octgal!

eanxgirl:
Can you say squat thrusts?
I'd recommend these for all women, not just Trimix girls... Squats and Kegel's.

The way we do it in the caves is we walk up to the water with nothing but our deco bottles and toss them in.

We then suit up with our doubles and get in.

Dive, deco, and surface. We then do surface deco for a bit. During this time, we remove our deco bottles and move them to the waters edge so that we only exit with doubles on our backs.

Exit and remove doubles and drysuit, then head back to water for our deco bottles.

We don't walk around on land with all those bottles clipped on at all so if you can manage your doubles, you should be fine.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom