Trimix for girls??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perrone <bat bat bat> will you carry my tanks for me, please????

it wasn't you, perrone, honey. hey, we (from nc) are going to nfl in july. wanna come along? you can pm me...

i think it boils down to - feel free to ask anyone if they'd like help, feel free to say 'yes' or 'no' to offered help, don't feel bad if you offer and get a 'no', feel free to ask for help if you need it, but don't rely on anyone but yourself to actually get it done.

andy, i'll carry them. they're lighter than mine, aren't they? they definitely must be lighter than jean's!!

baby duck <bat bat bat> will you carry my tanks please?????

yes, i will. now go fetch me a beer, and where's dinner??

(just kidding. i don't like beer. make it a gin & tonic.)

alas, i rely solely on the power of the <bat bat bat> to get things done around here

(sadly, nothing has gotten done in almost 20 years)

H2Andy:
alas, i rely solely on the power of the <bat bat bat> to get things done around here

(sadly, nothing has gotten done in almost 20 years)

That's because your using the wrong <bat bat bat>, try a Lousiville Slugger!

Mark Vlahos

:lol:

LOL!

H2Andy, when you're looking for respect around the park, it's ALL about the bat you're swingin' ! :)

This is something I worry about as well. As a 5'5", 110lb (barely...110 on a heavy day!!) woman, I am TINY. I have carried double AL80s around. They're no problem on my back, or in the water. It's just lifting them up from ground level that I find hard. I've only worn them in the pool but I did manage to climb the ladder up onto the pool deck. It's kinda amusing, actually, that with tanks and weight belt combined, I am carrying nearly my entire body weight. It's not easy, and I worry about when I switch to steels and add stage bottles....eventually. But, alas, this is the direction I want to take my diving, so I will do what I have to do!!

Regarding help. I have asked for help before. I will continue to ask for help. In all honesty, when you're as small as me, and you have to carry all that weight around, sometimes asking for help is your only option, unless you want to break yourself. And the people I have asked are always willing to help out. I probably should try to beef up a bit and gain more muscle mass. i CAN move all the gear around, it's just really hard. And if someone is around to help out, and they are willing help, and I am willing to be helped, I don't see why it should be an issue.

My dive buddy didn't complain the day I offered to help him. He was geared up and we were walking toward the steps to get down to the water.
Me: "Your crotch strap isn't fastened."
Him: "Huh?"
Me: "Your crotch strap is dangling behind your butt."
Him: "Huh?" (he evidently doesn't hear so well through his hood)
Me: "CROTCH STRAP LOOSE!"
Him: "Oh! Can you get that for me?" :D
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom