trip report - Adventurer 2 through Raja Ampat, and Maluku Divers in Ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Boo Island was one of my favorites too. We saw multiple mantas there and the fish life was incredible. On dive 1, we got to see a manta circling and the other team got close. On dive 2, we dropped in on a huge manta swimming around. Had to be one of the really big ones, then a few others came in and circled round. Schools of everything you could think around. Got shoulder to shoulder with about 10 big bumphead parrot fishes all feeding on the rocks. Then a very cool octopus encounter. And the colors of the coral there were amazing. Only a few other sites could compete. Thanks for the memories.

Just a note on interesting pronunciations: the Indonesians pronounced it Bo-oh

Yeah, and these RA trips are great. On day TWO of 11, you're looking at mantas. I remember thinking how can these get any better, but they did.

I can't believe you saw the frogfish!! I was in Ambon (on a lob) last April and we couldn't find it! At least it is still alive....

I am also on the Ambon-Maumere trip. I did it last year on the Adventurer II and had a great time. Plenty of warm water with good visibility in Banda Sea, some cold water in Alor, and a good variety of dive sites.

My compliments on your Flickr set of shots ...

Absolutely stunning photos. The macros are skillfully framed but the colors in the reef are blowing me away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom