Trip Report-Bayahibe Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padre Nuestro is about 25 min walk or less then 10 minutes off road car ride from Bayahibe village, from Dreams it's a bit further.
The part of the cave you dove is the first small fraction of a huge system. From the dome you surfaced the system continues much further, I am not sure if all has been completely discovered yet. There are few fresh water cave systems in the area, not all of them completely explored, and those are only accessible for cave divers. We've had many cave explorers here lately and they discovered some really interesting stuff and some parts are closed to the public now because of their discoveries. These caves are not for recreational divers, people should remember that cave diving needs special education, training and completely different equipment, otherwise it's a big risk and there is nothing worth risking our life.

I understand cave diving requires special training and I have not had cave training. Is Padre Nuestro safe for a non-cave certified Rescue Diver certified diver, with a good DM leading me? I am heading to Bayahibe this week. thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom