Trip report: Belize Aggressor III, June 4-11, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gangrel441:
Altun Ha was very cool. Michelle and I have been to Chichen Itza and Coba, as well. The most interesting part we found about Altun Ha is that unlike the others I mentioned, the city was pure Maya. There was no Toltec or Iztec influence. Also, a much older city.

This would be for a totally different trip but I highly recommend it...

I've been to Altun Ha, Tulum and Chichen Itza - all very impressive. However, I was most impressed by the ruins / city of Nan Mandol during a trip to Pohnpei, Micronesia. Visited the islands of Kosrae and Pohnpei the week prior to Truk to get used to the time change and help make Truk more enjoyable.

Nan Mandol is totally built on 100+ man made islands. The buildings and walls are built of naturally occuring basalt "logs" only available on the opposite side of the island. It's only accessible by boat. And only during high tide. Very memorable!

Paula

Meant to attach these earlier...enjoy!

Thanks for the report. Did the BAIII last year and your report allowed me to relive the dive locations as I read. Very nice writting.

dnhill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom