Trip report: Blue XT Sea Aug 31-Sep 5 & bunch of pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rex:

We really enjoyed meeting and diving with you and Deanna. We too have nothing but praise for everyone at BlueXTSea - this was our 5th trip with them and we're already looking forward to the next one (whenever that may be). Glad to see that you guys successfully negotiated your short layover in Houston.

If I get really ambitious I'll also try to post a trip report with some pics although mine are not as nice as yours.

Take care and we hope to see you both again soon - perhaps next fall in Coz?

Robbie and Frances

What a great picture of Blanca! Sorry we had to steal her away from ya'll, Robbie, but we really were glad to get her to the wedding. We missed diving with you and Frances this year so let us know when your next Coz trip is so we can book also.... even if it IS next August, we will be there. We are hoping to go in November (fingers crossed). Glad you had a good time and say hello to Frances for us.

Did you have "Jolly Rancher" days ?

Chris

Rex:

We really enjoyed meeting and diving with you and Deanna. We too have nothing but praise for everyone at BlueXTSea - this was our 5th trip with them and we're already looking forward to the next one (whenever that may be). Glad to see that you guys successfully negotiated your short layover in Houston.

If I get really ambitious I'll also try to post a trip report with some pics although mine are not as nice as yours.

Take care and we hope to see you both again soon - perhaps next fall in Coz?

Robbie and Frances
Yeah. I enjoyed diving with you guys as well.....Until you abandoned me and sold me off to the "other" boat on the last day. :shocked2::shocked2: (Just Kidding)THAT was a fun experience I'll have to PM you about. Hope your trip back was safe. We too will be looking at returning same time next year as the low season is absolutely great for the slightly daring travelers. Nice to meet and dive with both couples.

Steve and Lisa

Yeah. I enjoyed diving with you guys as well.....Until you abandoned me and sold me off to the "other" boat on the last day. :shocked2::shocked2: (Just Kidding)THAT was a fun experience I'll have to PM you about. Hope your trip back was safe. We too will be looking at returning same time next year as the low season is absolutely great for the slightly daring travelers. Nice to meet and dive with both couples.

Steve and Lisa

?...slightly daring...? :crafty:

What a great picture of Blanca! Sorry we had to steal her away from ya'll, Robbie, but we really were glad to get her to the wedding. We missed diving with you and Frances this year so let us know when your next Coz trip is so we can book also.... even if it IS next August, we will be there. We are hoping to go in November (fingers crossed). Glad you had a good time and say hello to Frances for us.

Did you have "Jolly Rancher" days ?

Chris

Hope everything went well with the wedding - PM or email me with additional details. Give the bride a hug for me. We got to dive with Blanca one day before she left. We spent nights in your favorite place, Casa Mexicana, as we had to leave Caribe Blu when lightning struck the transformer across the street and they had no power.

I doubt we'll be able to get back before late August or early September but we'll keep you up to date as we get closer. As customary, we did bring Jolly Ranchers for all of the divers on the boat. We also brought a 3 lb bag and left with Pedro and Mago on our last day. I'm working on pictures now and I'll send you a link when I'm finished.

Congrats on the wedding and we hope to see you soon. Nice license plate, by the way!!!

Robbie and Frances

Steve and Lisa

What can I say, the other boat made us an offer we couldn't refuse so we had to give you up.:D We had a great time with both of you as well. Hope we see you again next year.

I got my Open Water certification with United Divers in February. The photos really took me back. You did an excellent job with the camera. What setup do you use? I bought an underwater case for my Panasonic, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. My first opportunity looks like it will be in February 09 when I get my Advanced Open Water cert while diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
A friend & I stayed at the Hotel Cozumel & Resort. The staff there is good, and the rooms are decent. Little did I know at the time that we were going to get our SCUBA certifications, or I would have gotten the all-inclusive package. Not to take away from your post, but if you don't mind me plugging for Manuel Reyjon of United Divers, he is also a great divemaster. I really enjoyed the whole Cozumel experience, though.

One thing about Cozumel... I always felt safe. My vacation was two weeks in length, but my friend could only stay nine days. Many evenings, I wandered around the downtown area, and I felt very safe the whole time.

If a person has time, you owe it to yourself to rent a vehicle and drive to the other side of the island. Hang out at the Bob Marley Bar for a couple of Coronas and some shrimp ceviche. It is out of this world!! I will definitely go back to Coz in the near future.

Excellent post & GREAT pics!

Cheers!

JR

Steve and Lisa

You mean you had fun on the other boat without us? Nice diving with you, maybe see you next time.

I got my Open Water certification with United Divers in February. The photos really took me back. You did an excellent job with the camera. What setup do you use? I bought an underwater case for my Panasonic, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. My first opportunity looks like it will be in February 09 when I get my Advanced Open Water cert while diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
A friend & I stayed at the Hotel Cozumel & Resort. The staff there is good, and the rooms are decent. Little did I know at the time that we were going to get our SCUBA certifications, or I would have gotten the all-inclusive package. Not to take away from your post, but if you don't mind me plugging for Manuel Reyjon of United Divers, he is also a great divemaster. I really enjoyed the whole Cozumel experience, though.

One thing about Cozumel... I always felt safe. My vacation was two weeks in length, but my friend could only stay nine days. Many evenings, I wandered around the downtown area, and I felt very safe the whole time.

If a person has time, you owe it to yourself to rent a vehicle and drive to the other side of the island. Hang out at the Bob Marley Bar for a couple of Coronas and some shrimp ceviche. It is out of this world!! I will definitely go back to Coz in the near future. Excellent post & GREAT pics! Cheers!

JR

My camera is a Canon A620 in a Canon housing, just a simple P&S. The colors come out from dual Inon strobes. I need to get my focus better under control.

Cozumel is very safe. My wife and I walked back after dinner every night and never had a problem or concern. We've made two trips to Cozumel and still haven't made it to the other side. We keep saying we will then we dive every morning and afterwards a nap on our beach seems more enjoyable. Next trip we'll try harder to get to the other side. Lucky you diving in Australia in 09, have fun. Stay safe in Irag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom