Which resort do you like best?

• Brac Reef Beach Resort

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Little Cayman Beach Resort

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South4Scuba

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had a lovely trip to Cayman Brac in early October. We dove 6 days with Reef Divers and had good weather except for the first dive day. October is a hurricane month, but 2010 has proven to be a very mild season.

Due to hurricane season the Brac Reef Beach Resort ran a buy 1 get 1 half off special. This makes for a very afforadable dive trip. We got the two dive per day package with breakfast and dinner. The wife and I shared lunch each day at the bar. We find it very relaxing to just do morning dives. It allows you to have a couple of cocktails in the afternoon and just relax by the pool or beach.

The water was exceptionally clear. We could see reef details from the boat in 60 feet of water. I'm not sure why the water was so clear, but it was really nice. As usual, Reef Divers did a great job of customer service.

The only downer of the trip was the ridiculous air fare that the airlines are charging these days. Just look at the profit of major airlines and you will see that they are trying to make up for years of negative earnings in one year. I think it is terrible how they treat their customers with fees, fees and more fees.

The newly renovated resort was very nice. The rooms are pretty much like they were before the renovations, but the bar, lobby and dining room are much improved. The rooms have new funishings and updated bathrooms. The beds aren't that great and the rooms are small. The television is mostly non-existent. Those channels that you get are fuzzy and one channel made a loud buzzing sound all the time.

In my opinion, the Little Cayman Beach Resort is a better value now that Brac charges as much as Little Cayman. Brac needs to roll back their rates to the $1350 range for a week.

Thanks for posting a trip report. I haven't been to the Brac since the resort was rebuilt. Reef Divers is always a first class operation whether on the Brac or Little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom