Trip Report Trip Report Dec 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ERRN, thanks for the trip report. How can we contact the lodging you and your S.O enjoyed. My SO and I are familiar with Lagun and Discover Lagun restaurant and dive facility. But it sounds as though you stayed somewhere other than Bahia next door. We need a new place to stay. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

I went through booking.com, I confirmed the unit we stayed in, and it was unit 6B, I think it is also listed in Air B&B. Lagun Ocean Resort is the complex, some owners rent out independently and I think a few owners also pooled together to create a website for the resort that you can book through directly. I was very impressed with the value of the place we rented, the other units and direct oceanfront units were pricier. It is on the cliffs, so easy to walk about 30-40 feet from our back patio down to the wall at cliffs edge and see the ocean, but not direct oceanfront unit. Very quiet place, in a good way, lots of 30-60 year old couples, some down for months or living there, some down for the week. but also able to have a drink and bbq on the back deck and make small talk with the neighbors if desired, never felt too quiet if that makes sense? Only thing I would consider doing different is renting a unit on the second floor for a more secure back patio to leave dive gear out overnight. we had no security issues ourselves, but seemed smart to do, plus better view and more breeze.

Mosquitos, 'sand fleas,' 'noseeums' or what?

I ask still wondering why I've often read of the dreaded 'sand fleas' of Roatan beaches but don't read about them at other sandy beach destinations like Grand Cayman, St. Croix, Aruba...

Richard.
We had a few mosquitoes, but never even put on bug spray most nights, I would say at most 4-5 bites at any time that I noticed. No issues with no see ums

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom