Trip Report: Dominican Republic (La Romana)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey riverdog - when did you go to Bayahibe, DR?

Hi Kent, we were there last March. Stayed at Dreams LaRamona and did our Advanced O/W with Diving DR. Loved it, can't wait to go back.

Riverdog:

I have never been to the DR to scuba dive so I hope my experience is as good as yours and UWBumblebee. Now if we can just get past the active part of hurricane season I will be happy.

I hope your trip is excellent. As long as you get some nice weather and the water is clear it should be good. Looking forward to your report when you get back. Have fun.

Hey Scubarus,

I am going to be in Iberostar Hacienda La romana from 12/3-12/12 and made arrangements with Dressels for 6 dives. Seems to be the best pricing around (especially if paid in advance -- 20% discount). I will need dive buddy, so let me know.

Hey Scubarus,

I am going to be in Iberostar Hacienda La romana from 12/3-12/12 and made arrangements with Dressels for 6 dives. Seems to be the best pricing around (especially if paid in advance -- 20% discount). I will need dive buddy, so let me know.

We will be there from the 9th until the 17th.....
We are staying next door.. We are booking our dives now with them. I know the owner and he will be there also... We have dove with Dressels 3 other times in other locations....

Please leave a note for us at the dive shop if you want to dive with us.... Philip and Ann Marie, I will check with them when we get there...

Please update how it's going if you can....
Philip

I should have a trip report on Bayahibe around the second week of September 2010. My wife and I are diving 6 days and 1 night with DRsharky and their crew.

Scuba Fun in Bayahibe is an excellent shop. Jon is an outstanding guy and I've been back twice the second time to do my 10yr old's open water with them. Not much to do in the small fishing village type town and places to stay can be a challenge but can't say enough about the owners and staff at Scuba Fun.

Was hoping to head back this Christmas break but the airfare would not allow it. Ending up in Aruba and Bonaire instead.

I usually don't recommend places but this is an exception.

Back
Top Bottom