Trip Report: Manado/Banka/Lembeh Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

albatross

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I recently returned from a dive trip to North Sulawesi, Indonesia. We spent a few days at the Murex Resort Manado, then boarded the Murex Serenade for a 9 day cruise of Banka and the Lembeh Straits. To give you an idea what is included...

"Last year, we went half way around the world to see an octopus. This year, we went back for more! The intent of this trip report is to provide travel planning information (read as "boring details that might be helpful to someone"), interspaced with some pictures to help cull the boredom (read as "a whole lot of pictures"), and to relay some of my own adventures (read as "the painful dive, the pleasurable dive, and the frightening dive") and observations. I hope you find it useful and/or enjoyable."

Indonesia-2nd Time Around - Murex Resort Manado & The Serenade Live-Aboard

albatross - thanks for posting the trip reports (I enjoyed this year's and last year's both). I am serioulsy thinking to expend the time and bucks to get to Lembeh Straits for some muck diving with my macro set up this coming September,tho maybe at one of the landbased resorts. Your report and incredible pics sure validate my temptation!!

albatross:
Hi Everyone!

I recently returned from a dive trip to North Sulawesi, Indonesia. We spent a few days at the Murex Resort Manado, then boarded the Murex Serenade for a 9 day cruise of Banka and the Lembeh Straits. To give you an idea what is included...

albatross,

Great dive report and the pictures are fantastic (I'm thoroughly jealous). We went on a very similar trip at MUREX resort and onboard their LOB the Serenade in JUL 04 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We went as far north as Sangihe Island while on the liveaboard.

We would definitely do it again. I'm still working on my trip report. Maybe with any luck I'll get it finished before the 1st anniversary of the trip.

Rickg

Thanks Alcina, Gfac & Rickg!
Glad you enjoyed it! :)

:)Traci

Rickg... I'll be looking forward to reading your report. I love "going back" to a destination through someone else's eyes!

Albatross,

Wonderful pictures and report. I had read your previous report as well. I love the detailed information. I had a question for you about the pictures since I'm shooting with a similar set up. Are you using a macro lens and if so which one?

Are you using a macro lens and if so which one?
Yes... I did... on some shots. I have an Inon wetmate lens.

reubencahn & cindibindi - I am glad you enjoyed the report. It was very kind of you to take the time to comment on it. Thank You!

:) Traci

albatross:
Hi Everyone!

"Last year, we went half way around the world to see an octopus. This year, we went back for more! The intent of this trip report is to provide travel planning information (read as "boring details that might be helpful to someone"), interspaced with some pictures to help cull the boredom (read as "a whole lot of pictures"), and to relay some of my own adventures (read as "the painful dive, the pleasurable dive, and the frightening dive") and observations. I hope you find it useful and/or enjoyable."

Indonesia-2nd Time Around - Murex Resort Manado & The Serenade Live-Aboard

Gulp, wow! What a report. Think I'm going to throw my Reefmaster camera away :) Did you vist the Kungkunghan Bay Resort? How do you like muck diving, as compared to diving in the Caribe? Great, detailed report. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom