trip report shark dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melissalv29

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome....that sums it up...asked a lot of question on the board about 3 weeks ago about shark diving and I am very glad that I did it... Went to Stuart Coves in the bahamas and when we first got there and got on the boat I could smell the box of Fish heads they had aboard..When we finally got to the dive destination and the boat stopped, there were sharks circling the boat, at least 5 or 6....We did a giant stride in...and went down sharks were all around us...it was so wonderful and in a weird way..peaceful..Wasnt nervous at all. We dove to about 83 feet for about 40 min and saw sharks the whole time...(Once i watched the video...i noticed one tried to get my fin...thinking it was a fish I assume?). The second dive was the FEEDING FRENZY....this was by far the most intense and enjoyable dive i have ever done...so unique... the feeder went down and we followed, by this time sharks are coming from everywhere...anywhere form 6-9 feet sharks..we go down to about 55 feet and just kneel there with our hands tucked away...( if by chance you fall over from the current of all the sharks...you are to stay there and wait for someone to pick you up...this Never happened to anyone though) by this time there are at least 30 sharks around us...swarming the feeder, coming in all directions..they come at you and all of a sudden turn away..very exciting dive..the girth on these babys is something else and you actually can hear the bones crunching as they bite down on the food... one shark fin lightly touched my husbands mask...that's how close they got..all in all i would do it again.. after about 30 min of this feeding we got to look for sharks teeth on the bottom...we were down about 35 min.. just wanted to give an update on my trip..thanks for everyones input from my prior posts..
melissa in vegas

In my best voice..nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, naaaaah. I told you so! Glad you had a great time. Now you get to spend lots of time and energy figuring out how you'll get back and do it again someday.

I have never heard someone who has been on a shark dive say anything other than it was a cool experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom