Trip Report Trip Report: Socorro on the Nautilus Belle Amie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last March I went on my third trip on the Nautilus Belle Amie and my second to the Socorro Islands. Even though most of the crew changed or were on different Nautilus boats they were great. Very accommodating, hard working and fun! I really enjoy being on the Belle Amie as it has a big dive deck and in general it is very spacious. There was always plenty of very good food, you don't go hungry on this trip.

Depending on your level of diving they let you go on your own with your dive buddy or you can follow a guide. We were a bit unlucky with the weather as the strong winds and high swells limited our options of dive sites for a couple days. The ones we could dive had pretty bad visibility. Still we got in a couple good days of diving with some amazing encounters. I will go back for sure. Here are some impressions from the trip:

Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing. Did you bring a drone for the aerial shots?
Agreed - and Socorro is definitely on my diving bucket list...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom