Trip Report: U-853 / Heroine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

countryboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went diving on Canned Air out of Point Judith on Saturday (8/5).. With a crew out of Scuba Shack..

U-853: Bottom temps 54, vis ~ 8feet, current ~ 2 knots, max depth 118..
Great dive, plenty of anemones, tropicals were all over the place at the surface..

Heroine: Bottom temps 64, vis ~18 feet, no significant current, max depth 67. Plenty of Tautog (Black fish), I saw one Sand Shark, others saw a few others as well. Nice easy dive... great time. (One of my favorite [recreational] wreck dives in the NE)

If you have the chance, go on a charter with Wayne (Canned Air) runs a great boat..

countryboy:
Went diving on Canned Air out of Point Judith on Saturday (8/5).. With a crew out of Scuba Shack..

U-853: Bottom temps 54, vis ~ 8feet, current ~ 2 knots, max depth 118..
Great dive, plenty of anemones, tropicals were all over the place at the surface..

Heroine: Bottom temps 64, vis ~18 feet, no significant current, max depth 67. Plenty of Tautog (Black fish), I saw one Sand Shark, others saw a few others as well. Nice easy dive... great time. (One of my favorite [recreational] wreck dives in the NE)

If you have the chance, go on a charter with Wayne (Canned Air) runs a great boat..

Hey Dennis. Glad you had a couple of good dives.

I have to agree. I've been on Canned Air a couple of times. Nice boat!!

Do you have his number? I want to dive the Pinnacles off of Block...can anyone recommend a boat to either get me there from Pt Judith or pick me up in Block Island if I take the ferry?

Thanks

Divedivediver

I think the boat's captain is Wayne Gordon. The boat, Canned Air, is located in Point Judith Marina. Captain Gordon lives in Connecticut. I can't seem to locate his phone number. If I do, I'll pm you with it.

divedivediver:
Do you have his number? I want to dive the Pinnacles off of Block...can anyone recommend a boat to either get me there from Pt Judith or pick me up in Block Island if I take the ferry?

Thanks

Divedivediver

Try this:
Capt. Wayne Gordon
860-871-1782
Wayne-f-gordon@sbcglobal.net

He is quite experienced and has a beautiful and comfortable boat. You will not be dissapointed!

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom