Trip to Cozumel in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a GREAT deal that you got here!!! :thumb:

I have also read great reviews on the Iberostar, so I guess you can't go wrong with it :)

Too bad for the Reef Club... We did have a very nice time there, a year ago... :surprise:

Oh well, I guess things change all the time in Cozumel

Hey Barb,

Just two more days and you will be there! I am jealous. But then it is only 13 more days for me.

We spent a day at the Iberostar Cozumel last November. We were staying at the Iberostar Tucan in Playa and came over for a day trip. One really nice thing about Iberostar is you can get a day pass to any of their other locations.

The property in Playa is nicer than Cozumel but Cozumel is nice enough. The food was good, the grounds are clean, and the service is very nice.

Make sure you let me know how it goes as soon as you get back. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I will definitely let you know when I come back.
A quick question, before I pack: does Iberostar provide towels for the pool/beach?

:cluck: I just finished watching Discovery Channel - Shark Week.
I think I'm going to unpack the dive light - no night dives for me this time!!!!
If anythings coming to get me I want to see it, thank you.
Barb turns chicken (cluck, cluck, cluck)

nt

The Iberostar (as with most if not all the other resorts like it) will give you a towel card or token. You take this to the towel hut and exchange it for a towel. Then you can turn your towel in anytime you want for a new towel.

It is a good idea to get a new one towards the end of the day before they close so you will have it for the next morning. We found we were starting our activities in the morning before the towel hut opened so it was nice to already have a fresh one.

AT the end of your stay, you give them your towel and get a card back. Then when you check out, you turn in the card. If you do not have the card, they will charge a fee (I guess assuming you swiped or lost a towel).

Iberostar is great and close to all of the reefs. I wouldn't dive with the on-site divers at Iberostar. I use Blue Angel and they are great. The one time I used Dressel Divers (on-site at the Iberostar), it was a disorganized mess. Have fun and wang chung.

I Had So Much Fun!!!!
I'm a lucky girl !!!!
The Iberostar was great. The food was very good. Yes, I found the beds a little firm but I'm a princess when it comes to sleeping.
Most important of all: the diving was the best.
We dove with Papa Hogs and had a great time.
They picked us up at the Iberostar in the morning and took us diving to wherever we wanted to go. I saw my first eagle ray (so beautiful). The one disappointment for me was that in order to do afternoon dives I had to stay on the boat and go back to Papa Hogs and then catch a taxi back to the hotel at the end of the day. I would have preferred them coming to get me at the hotel but it was a good distance for them by boat (expensive).
When I could'nt dive I went snorkelling by the hotel and even that was fun. I had a first time experience being inked by an octopus. He did'nt like being woman-handled I guess.
I feel very, very lucky - the sun shone every day and the ocean was as calm as a lake. I could'nt have asked for anything more.
I'm already planning my next holiday to Cozumel - January I hope!! :)

Cozumel is one VERY good dive destination :thumb:
Eagle rays are my favorite underwater critter :wink:
I think they are more graceful than mantas :D

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom