Trip to Riviera Maya - advice pls!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skuba-doo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
We are looking at maybe booking a weeks break to El Dorado Suites and have a few questions - hope someone can help. Ive done a few searches on SB and have got quite a bit of info already...
Has anyone any experience of diving with Dive Adventuras, who are based in the Marina at Puerto Adventuras?
What are the distances like (thinking about road transfers from the hotel to dive shops/boats and to the dive sites (I'll be looking at reef dives rather than cenotes)?
Ive seen alot of great feedback for "Dennis" of Aquanauts fame... as this will be our first trip to Mexico we dont know the areas/distances etc not sure if he will be an option for us bearing in mind our location.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated - and apologies if it seems like Im asking questions that have been asked and answered elsewhere in the forum!
Jason

I believe Dennis Weeks no longer owns or operates Aquanauts, and I think he's primarily guiding and teaching in the caves. But the shop still exists under new ownership, and is a hundred yards or less from Dive Aventuras. Both shops have good reputations. My husband has been out with Aquanauts, although while Dennis owned it, and had no complaints.

Your hotel looks like it's about five to ten minutes south of Puerto Aventuras, which is where both shops are located. I don't know if the shops will send a van for you, but you could e-mail them and ask. The Dive Aventuras people return e-mails pretty fast.

I was just there last March right on the Pier, and very polite, had two friends went for 10 days following my wife and I leaving. They can't wait to get back. We stayed right at Puerta Adventerous they also have an on sight dive facility but it is a walk to get to their boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom