Trip Video - Raja Ampat, March 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking the same thing about vis, is this normal for Raja Ampat? Or typical low vis that time of year? Or just a fluke?

I was thinking the same thing about vis, is this normal for Raja Ampat? Or typical low vis that time of year? Or just a fluke?

Just a fluke, I think. I was in Raja Ampat in late March one time and had pretty good visibility.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I've been 3 times, usually around the New Year but once in Feb IIRC. That said, have experienced amazing viz and also poor viz but only on certain sites, not every site. This is likely attributed to weather and the distance traveled through the region when on an LOB.

Great video. What camera and light set up were you using? I’m going Xmas 2020, can’t wait. How was Blue Manta? Only heard great things and going to Komodo with them in August.

Great video. What camera and light set up were you using? I’m going Xmas 2020, can’t wait. How was Blue Manta? Only heard great things and going to Komodo with them in August.
Apologies for the late response. I was on another LOB without WiFi connection.

Cameras were Sony RX100V and GoPro7.

Blue Manta was fine, no complaints.

CWK, only "fine, no complaints"?

I've never heard anything less than rave reviews but then, I haven't heard from every diver aboard either.

CWK, only "fine, no complaints"?

I've never heard anything less than rave reviews but then, I haven't heard from every diver aboard either.

To me, the most important factor is the cruise director. Did Blue Manta have the best cruise director that I have come across? No. I’d say Edi Frommenwiler of Pindito has my vote.

The next thing that is important to me is whether there are any negative aspects to the boat. There was nothing negative to report.

Would I book Blue Manta again? I would, and I have.

Back
Top Bottom