Triton Bay trip video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ran_

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We visited Triton Bay this February after learning about this hidden gem three years ago from a cruise director in Raja Ampat. After more than a dozen trips to Indonesia, this is likely to be our best dive in terms of fish diversity, topside view, soft coral and the general dive experience. It's an extremely remote place, the nearest town is 2-hour boat ride away. During our stay we didn't see any other boats or human beings in this whole area. West Papua just never disappoints!

Fantastic video!

After seeing your video, I’m so looking forward to go there in October 2022, crossing from Maumere to Kaimana with Amira via Forgotten Islands.

thanks for sharing

Absolutely stunning!!!
You seemed to have fairly decent viz for the trip.
How did you find the actual resort, in terms of food and comfort? Specifically given it has no AC.

It really is a piece of heaven!!
Definitely on the bucket list...

WOW!! Going there in November ‘21. Extraordinary!!!!

Absolutely stunning!!!
You seemed to have fairly decent viz for the trip.
How did you find the actual resort, in terms of food and comfort? Specifically given it has no AC.

It really is a piece of heaven!!
Definitely on the bucket list...

Thanks for the comment.

We were just lucky to have that relatively clear water as there's not a single drop of rain during our stay, even so it still turned really murky in the afternoon.

Foods were great with plenty of fruits, which we did not expect. It did feel a bit hot at night when they shut down the generator, but as I said we have a whole week of pure sunny days so that could be a factor.

In general we didn't feel anything abnormal during our stay, given this could be the most remote and hardest to manage resort in Indonesia.

I stayed at Blue Bay Divers on Bangka Island and they have a similar deal of switching off the gen set at night...the second those fans stopped turning the puddles of sweat below our bodies started growing..... I feel a fan as an absolute minimum...and would prefer AC! I dont know why they cant run the fan's off a separate circuit and run those off a battery through the night. It would make a world of difference.

I follow Liz on FB and am amazed what they are managing to grow at the resort.

Thanks for the video. This destination / resort is on top of my bucket list. Been to Raja Ampat before, that trip was our best ever.

fantastic video .
Thanks for sharing .
I was there two times and cant wait ( Covid permitting ) to be there again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom