Tropical Diver in Calgary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbolander:
Who are you taking the ice diving with? I'm signed up at Adventures in Scuba (Calgary southwest for the OP)

Perhaps I will see you out there! If not, toss me a PM if you plan to go out at all - I'm new to the calgary diving community myself and am always looking for a good buddy or two!

I guess we're considered to be "knobs" :D - we frequent The Dive Shop!

Hawkwood:
I guess we're considered to be "knobs" :D - we frequent The Dive Shop!

Not necessarily. I'm sure there are a lot of fine folk that shop at Darrin's.

If you went there on your own volition, then you may or may not be knobs. If you went there on my recommendation then it's because I thought you were a knob.

It is scientifically proven that good people outnumber the knobs. Since I don't know you and never recommended you to the Dive Shop then chances are you are not a knob.

Unless you cheer for the Flames. Then you are definitely a knob. Even if you shop at Char's.

Well I dont think I started this thread to start an knob bashing festival.

But to be honest I have now been in to all three mentioned LDC's and all seem reputable operations. I will no doubt frequent the one that finally seems to offer the best service and have the nicest people. But That is a decesion that can only be taken over time.

As for the knob thing, I am sure it wasnt to be taken seriously.

I will refrain from commenting on the NHL teams of Alberta, as I was pretty sure that is was scubaboard I was posting on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NEW TOPIC

Or should I say continuation on previous, I am sure that I will be seing most of you at some point around the lakes or dive spots of Calgary.

You will recognize me as the guy who has excellent dive theory but doesnt know how to put a dry suit on.

You may also pick me out as the guy hiding in his car with the "Am I really going to dive under ICE!!!!" look in his eyes.

Or I might be the guy that turns up with 4 lbs of weight and thinks he is going to get down in a dry suit. (after having dived almost exclusivly in shorts and a rash guard)

I look forward to shivering with all of you at some point. oops I mean diving.

No to be serious I guess they say being cold is no fun, but diving in cold water with good exposure protection should be great fun. I will update here after I have tried.

I would love to receive PM's from anyone looking for a dive buddy, or I can be reached by email at fraser@rephrase.ca

Oh and one last thing, a Merry Christmas to all.

Frasermcd:
Well I dont think I started this thread to start an knob bashing festival.

But to be honest I have now been in to all three mentioned LDC's and all seem reputable operations. I will no doubt frequent the one that finally seems to offer the best service and have the nicest people. But That is a decesion that can only be taken over time.

As for the knob thing, I am sure it wasnt to be taken seriously.

I will refrain from commenting on the NHL teams of Alberta, as I was pretty sure that is was scubaboard I was posting on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NEW TOPIC

Or should I say continuation on previous, I am sure that I will be seing most of you at some point around the lakes or dive spots of Calgary.

You will recognize me as the guy who has excellent dive theory but doesnt know how to put a dry suit on.

You may also pick me out as the guy hiding in his car with the "Am I really going to dive under ICE!!!!" look in his eyes.

Or I might be the guy that turns up with 4 lbs of weight and thinks he is going to get down in a dry suit. (after having dived almost exclusivly in shorts and a rash guard)

I look forward to shivering with all of you at some point. oops I mean diving.

No to be serious I guess they say being cold is no fun, but diving in cold water with good exposure protection should be great fun. I will update here after I have tried.

I would love to receive PM's from anyone looking for a dive buddy, or I can be reached by email at fraser@rephrase.ca

Oh and one last thing, a Merry Christmas to all.

It's funny you should mention that - I am absolutely offended by weather colder than a few degrees below zero, but the notion of ice diving sounds like fantastic fun.

I'm looking forward to the moonwalking upside down - I hear thats quite fun. :D

:D
I'm going to be sitting at the bottom of the Dive Shop pool next week just to have my head under water for awhile...$5 sounds like a good price to me...Maybe I'm a cheap knob? :wink:
I refuse to go into ice water!!! Ick!

Stine:
:D
I'm going to be sitting at the bottom of the Dive Shop pool next week just to have my head under water for awhile...$5 sounds like a good price to me...Maybe I'm a cheap knob? :wink:
I refuse to go into ice water!!! Ick!

I was thinking about investing in some pool time as well - I still haven't taken the time to balance my rig or make any adjustments to my setup.

Do you need a buddy for pool time or can you just pay the fee and hop in?

Mike Veitch:
Canucks 3 Flames 1 :)

Luongo did pretty good - It's not very often kipper lets in 6, so don't expect to come back and get any more wins like that.

As soon as you canuck fans win you think you're going to the stanley cup. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom