Trouble deciding where to dive, never been to Philippines before!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone dived on Infiniti LOB and can give feedback on what the boat is like? Thanks

Hi guys!
I've changed my plans a bit and have extended my stay by 3 weeks! :)
So far Ive booked the following:
A few days in Sipalay before doing the Sipalay - Moalboal Safari with Savedra. Thanks for that tip @outofofficebrb
Then am not sure whether to do 3-4 days on Siquijor or Cabilao or somewhere I can reach within half a day from Moalboal and that I can also reach Cebu airport by 13.00 on the day I take a flight. Any tips / ideas welcome.

After that I'm spending a few days in El Nido, before doing the El Nido - Coron safari with Submariner dive centre.
Again thanks for that tip @outofofficebrb :)

From there taking ferry over to Mindoro to Apo reef club to do a few dives on their overnight trip on Apo Reef.
Then taking ferry down to Boracay for 4 days.
Any tips on who to dive with there or if the diving is any good?

From there I go back to Cebu to do the Malapascua - Leyte LOB on Infiniti.

I figure I'm getting a pretty good look at lots of places and dive sites, though also doing a fair amount of travel.
So any tips for somewhere good after Moalboal (not too far from Cebu Airport) and for Boracay are still very welcome!
Thanks in advance! :happywave:

I hope I read your last post correctly.
Three weeks to cover all those mentioned places. You cannot be serious! There is NO way that your 21 days can cope with few days here and few days there.
Few days in Sipalay. It will take you the best part of 1 day to travel from Cebu City to Sipalay even if you fly into either Dumaguete or Bacolod right after your first arrival in the country.
Few days on Dive safari
Few days in El Nido
Few days on El Nido- Coron safari
Ferry to San Jose and dive Apo Reef(ovenight trip)
Few days(4 days) in Boracay
Few days on Malapascua-Leyte LoB.
And you still want to include few diving days around Cebu City!

Good luck.

I think Fairy Basset said “extending by three weeks,” which I took to mean adding three weeks to the original two. Over which I swoon in jealousy, five weeks in the Philippines. Having avoided Boracay out of sheer snobbery, I can’t say if there is any good diving but I am sure a bit of beach time will be fun too.

My mistake.
So he has five wks in the country. Well then his plan is feasible.
Hope his paper is in order.

Correct - extended to 5 1/2 weeks.
Need to get single entry visa this week.

What would I do if I have 40 days in the country with similar places to visit?
Day 1. Arrive at Cebu City.
Day 2. Travel to Moalboal by public bus early in the morning. Plenty of time to do at least 2 dives(Nelson's shop).
Day 3. More diving.
Day 4. Depart for Dumaguete in the morning. In Dauin I would stay at Liquid.
Day 4 - 6 Diving(including Apo Island)
Day 7. Depart for Sipalay and stay at Artistic.
Day 8 - 10. Diving
Day 11. Depart for Iloilo via Bacolod. This will take at least 8hrs(bus and ferry).
Day 12. Travel to Boracay.
Day 13 - 15. Yapa II is a good site.
Day 16. Travel to Apo Reef Club via Roxa.
Alternatively, catch the 2GO ferry to Batangas, cross the channel and dive Puerto Galera and then ferry from Balatera to Abra de Ilog. As there should be a connection bus to meet the incoming ferry to San Jose.
However, I need to find out if the ferry from Balatero to Abra de Ilog is still running otherwise it would be a very long trip around nearly the whole Mindoro.
Day 20. Ferry from San Jose to Coron
Day 21 - 23 Dive the wrecks.
Day 24. Ferry to El Nido
Day 26. Van to Underground River and onward to Puerto Princesa.
Day 27. Fly into Cebu City and travel to Malapascua(stay at Evolution).
Day 28 - 30. Diving.
Day 31. Back to Cebu City, ferry to Ormoc and finally bus/van to Sogod Bay. I would love to take the Weesam to Maasin if available.
Day 32 - 35. Diving.
Day 36. Back to Cebu City through Ormoc or Maasin or other ports. Stay at Mactan Island.
Day 37 - 38. Diving.
Day 39. Off gas
Day 40. Home

For those who like to travel slightly off the beaten track:
There is no need to travel all the way back from Malapascua to Cebu in order to go to Leyte. Because there are ferries available from couple of places in Northern Cebu to Leyte. I have never done that but they are there to those who like a bit of adventure. However, do prepare to wait for the connection for the land transport.

Have fun.

What would I do if I have 40 days in the country with similar places to visit?
Day 1. Arrive at Cebu City.
Day 2. Travel to Moalboal by public bus early in the morning. Plenty of time to do at least 2 dives(Nelson's shop).
Day 3. More diving.
Day 4. Depart for Dumaguete in the morning. In Dauin I would stay at Liquid.
Day 4 - 6 Diving(including Apo Island)
Day 7. Depart for Sipalay and stay at Artistic.
Day 8 - 10. Diving
Day 11. Depart for Iloilo via Bacolod. This will take at least 8hrs(bus and ferry).
Day 12. Travel to Boracay.
Day 13 - 15. Yapa II is a good site.
Day 16. Travel to Apo Reef Club via Roxa.
Alternatively, catch the 2GO ferry to Batangas, cross the channel and dive Puerto Galera and then ferry from Balatera to Abra de Ilog. As there should be a connection bus to meet the incoming ferry to San Jose.
However, I need to find out if the ferry from Balatero to Abra de Ilog is still running otherwise it would be a very long trip around nearly the whole Mindoro.
Day 20. Ferry from San Jose to Coron
Day 21 - 23 Dive the wrecks.
Day 24. Ferry to El Nido
Day 26. Van to Underground River and onward to Puerto Princesa.
Day 27. Fly into Cebu City and travel to Malapascua(stay at Evolution).
Day 28 - 30. Diving.
Day 31. Back to Cebu City, ferry to Ormoc and finally bus/van to Sogod Bay. I would love to take the Weesam to Maasin if available.
Day 32 - 35. Diving.
Day 36. Back to Cebu City through Ormoc or Maasin or other ports. Stay at Mactan Island.
Day 37 - 38. Diving.
Day 39. Off gas
Day 40. Home
That’s not too far what I’ve done, except a slightly different way round,

Dear Scubaboarders, thanks for all your help!
So far on my trip I’ve done Sipalay, Divesafari from Sipalay to Moalboal, Cabilao, El Nido, Coron, Apo reef, Boracay. What’s left... LOB around Malapascua and Leyte and then back to reality! I’ve posted a few trip reports to give some feedback to anyone else whomps lookimg for advice, or those of you whomare interested in what I saw and did!

Back
Top Bottom