Troubling incident in San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my OW check out dives with Marciano last year. Really Glad he wasn't the perp but why was he ousted from PADI?

The testimony began yesterday. It will resume in a few days. The victim was on the stand for 3 hours testifying and being cross examined. The accused will be on the stand next.

Only one reason Marciano could have been posted. Violating padi standards.

Leaving and/or sending a student into the water with a dm in training without himself (the instructor) present is likely a violation of PADI standards too.

Leaving and/or sending a student into the water with a dm in training without himself (the instructor) present is likely a violation of PADI standards too.

It is definitely a violation of standards.

I know nothing about this case other than what is in this thread, so I have no idea on the particulars. I do know that when a violation is reported to PADI, it first investigates and then decides upon an appropriate action if the investigation confirms a violation. A number of options are available, ranging from a simple warning to expulsion. You are not going to get expelled over something minor. It has to be big.

Wouldn't that in and of itself, be big enough?

But unlike PADI, SSI and SDI do not specifically state that touching of the genital area is cause for dismemberment, so I'd imagine that as long as Amigos' dues are paid up they'll be just fine.

That's usually something the father, husband a few uncles take care of. :cool:

In any case, I'm not at all certain that losing an agency membership would be a big problem as long as they still have a boat and a compressor.

flots.

PS. Is there any evidence that he actually did anything, other than the customer's complaint?

It's not the instructor being accused. It was the dm in training that has been accused with no one's word but the customer's. Be that as it may, apparently, the story is compelling. The instructor's sin is apparently that he either left oe sent the dm in training into the water alone with the student.

Back
Top Bottom