TRUK and YAP in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
What did Manta Ray do for you for the missed dives from the contaminated tanks? Seems to me that your party, and you and I, thought it was more serious than the staff and owner did?

Manta Ray Bay gave us credit for 2 dives, $84.00. When the bills were closed out on the night before our departure, the money was deducted from the total bill. Because I'm not much of a drinker and I liked the food across the street at the Oasis, I actually had to spend some money at the boutique because my final bill was in the +. I bought presents for my grand kids. The resort only gave credit, not refunds.

If I had it to do over again, I would do Truk first followed by Palau. That would really be a dynamite combo---the very best in wreck diving, and the very best in reef and big critter encounters.

Thanks for the welcome home, pilot fish. As usual, the trip home really is hell. If I ever do this again, I'm going to make a planned 1 or 2 night stay in Hawaii before heading back to Detroit. Being on a plane that long can't be good on the human body. Pilot fish, you've really got something to look forward to in Palau. Don't miss that part of the diving world.

Were you and your group ok with that credit instead of refund?

Next time it'll be Truk, then Palau.

I, too, was not very impressed with the reefs on Yap. I've seen better, and better vis, in Coz, Bonaire and Dominica. After a few days of sitting on the bottom of Mil Channel waiting for the elusive manta, I was ready for a lush reef, a great wreck, or a slithery shark. :)

Barracuda2:
Manta Ray Bay gave us credit for 2 dives, $84.00. When the bills were closed out on the night before our departure, the money was deducted from the total bill. Because I'm not much of a drinker and I liked the food across the street at the Oasis, I actually had to spend some money at the boutique because my final bill was in the +. I bought presents for my grand kids. The resort only gave credit, not refunds.

If I had it to do over again, I would do Truk first followed by Palau. That would really be a dynamite combo---the very best in wreck diving, and the very best in reef and big critter encounters.

Thanks for the welcome home, pilot fish. As usual, the trip home really is hell. If I ever do this again, I'm going to make a planned 1 or 2 night stay in Hawaii before heading back to Detroit. Being on a plane that long can't be good on the human body. Pilot fish, you've really got something to look forward to in Palau. Don't miss that part of the diving world.

hahahahaha thats funny PiFi

we went to yap specifically for Mantas... hubby had a manta itch and it had to be scratched!

when diving the channel, i remember getting back on the boat to hear someone say "all the fish" and i remember 3 fish only (and six mantas) and i said to the lady go to Vanuatu as that fish life rocks

even my own trip report said after a few days of the channel youre thinking what else as you need to see more so you head south for more fish/reef - did you get there?

oh, and did you do the mandarin twilight dive??? that was different :wink: had to do it twice as the 1st time i had no idea what was happening

Is there another reason to go to Yap? :)

Yes, we entered the channel from both ends on different days. No, I didn't do the madarin fish dive. The lounge chair at the pool looked to inviting.

almitywife:
hahahahaha thats funny PiFi

we went to yap specifically for Mantas... hubby had a manta itch and it had to be scratched!

when diving the channel, i remember getting back on the boat to hear someone say "all the fish" and i remember 3 fish only (and six mantas) and i said to the lady go to Vanuatu as that fish life rocks

even my own trip report said after a few days of the channel youre thinking what else as you need to see more so you head south for more fish/reef - did you get there?

oh, and did you do the mandarin twilight dive??? that was different :wink: had to do it twice as the 1st time i had no idea what was happening

pilot fish:
Were you and your group ok with that credit instead of refund?

The group seemed ok with that because I think some had a pretty good size bill from eating, drinking, touring, and souvinier buying at the resort. I just wish the DM would have reported the incident from the previous day and we could have probably made the dive the day we had to abort. I would rather have seen Mantas than get an $84 credit.:(

Barracuda2:
The group seemed ok with that because I think some had a pretty good size bill from eating, drinking, touring, and souvinier buying at the resort. I just wish the DM would have reported the incident from the previous day and we could have probably made the dive the day we had to abort. I would rather have seen Mantas than get an $84 credit.:(

I also find that kind of amazing that your warning was not heeded the day before? I remember thinking the day before, when you said it smelled like airplane glue, that it was serious, a bit more than it got treated. A lot of people COULD have gotten ill breathing that contaminated gas at 70 or 80 ft for 55 minutes. A stich in time................., ya kow?

I'm also not very impressed with what they did for you guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom