Trying to decide on week#2 of dive vacation location (Saba, Caymans, T&C,Barbados...)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingNole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone and HELP...
A friend and I are planning a 2 week dive vacation for May, waiting to hear about doing the special itinerary on the T&C Explorer for May 12-19 (out and back from Grand Exuma) then we're trying to decide on where to island hop to for a second week of diving. I've been looking at possible options as Saba, Caymans, T&C, Barbados, and Bequia (I know, all over the place on this one). Cost of diving and lodging is a factor, which is my concern about the Caymans and land based in T&C. I'm thinking Cayman Brac or Little Cayman if we considered the Caymans.

A week of good diving is the priority, along with a place to do some relaxing in sun when done diving for the day. I've been to Roatan the last 3 years and just recently returned from Cozumel, so looking for something new. We're both AOW, deep diving isn't a problem. I'll be cracking the 100 dive mark on the trip, although that would probably happen on the liveaboard. Looking for interesting reef and spotting some cool stuff. Two singles, but don't need a party spot. We're both ok with something on the rustic side.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on these places or another location? Thanks!

I enjoyed a week at the Little Cayman Beach Resort a couple of years back. Nice dives on great walls, and the accommodations and food were good.

(You're really going to like the trip to the southern Bahamas!)

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed with the diving on or island ambiance on Saba, but not so much with lounging in the sun afterwards! It's mostly rainforest, beautiful hiking but can get "chilly" in town as it's at 1500 ft and there are no beaches - well, one beach but it's not really the most accessible! The island is amazing though, one of the friendliest and most unique islands I've ever been to, and great diving, macro, wide angle, dramatic formations, healthy reefs. Dive with Sea Saba, they have good package rates and will work within your budget with lodging, etc.

Made any decision yet???

Hi everyone,
Sorry, meant to post. I decided on Bequia for week #2 since I wanted to some relaxing beach time. I gave serious though to Saba, I've now put it on my bucket list. Going to save that for another trip where it'll be eat, sleep, dive since there's not much else to do on the island. I was looking to get some relaxing after the liveaboard, with a side of diving (although that may be blasphemy in these parts!):dork2:

Although you have made a decision, I too would have recommended Little Cayman Beach Resort. Best food I have eaten at a dive resort, great beach, excellent diving. Liquid Diving Adventures

Back
Top Bottom