trying to dive this weekend.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kober3513

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are going to try and go to either spanish rocks or hudson grotto this weekend and we are wondering if anyone is interested or going somewhere else.

I might try and go out on the boat Sat, if the weather has calmed down some. I don't think the Vis will be that good tho after all this rain. I was thinking of just doing some fishing. I try to go out 3-4 times a week as I am logging hours/days for my license, so anytime anyone wants to get out just send me a PM. I will even go if I can't Dive as I never go under without a tender, and atm I don't have anyone that likes to get out as much as I do

Echoo,

Where do you like to take your boat out at? Do you do any spearfishing? Always looking for new dive buddies!

Boat is located in Ozona. That is about 5 miles north of Clearwater. It is a 06 30' Dorado and is on a lift above the water. I normally run between St.pete-central Pasco anywhere from 30' of water to 100'.

Just getting back on the water after a couple years and lost all my numbers as my other boat got broke into while in storage, so I am out all the time trying to find my spots again. sometimes I just go out for a day of cruising/ trolling looking for stuff on the fish finder. I can afford to do this as the boat only burns 6-10gals of fuel a hour running 25-35 miles a hour.

I just started getting into spearing before I took my other boat outa the water a couple years ago. However when I go out nowa days I seldom leave the gun behind. It is just a old sea hornet lazor 48" I think that I got from a yard sell and will be getting something a little bigger soon as I have the money to blow, but I always come up with something and have a lota fun doing it. Last couple times I went out tho I kinda got a little nervous as My stringer attracted some sharks in three differant places. One was about 8' long. Being new to spearing and in the water be myself this was a little nerve wrecking to me.

I will have my nitrox cert. in about a week or two and I am availible most any day as I am not working yet... I will be working in a couple weeks tho so will just be weekends after that. the Wife had twins last year and we don't take the babies off shore so I am always looking for company.

PM Reef. He is a good dive buddy and sometimes is available during the week.

We are going to try and go to either spanish rocks or hudson grotto this weekend and we are wondering if anyone is interested or going somewhere else.
Have you guys decided if you're headed north or south?
I might head back out to Venice or put the boat in and do Silvertooth. If you head this way, let me know.

Echoo,

Here is a link for google earth loaded with all kinds of numbers for Florida. All you need is google earth first then download this kmz file. We will have to get out and dive and shoot soon. here is the link.

NAS JAX Scuba Divers

I'm up for the Grotto. I can go any day this week.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
I'm up for the Grotto. I can go any day this week.

I might be up there on Friday. I am scheduled to do another dive but if the weather shuts it down I was thinking about hitting the Grotto. I haven't been up there in quite a while. I should know this afternoon and I will shoot you a PM if I'm heading that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom