TS Debby - Flight Effects?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brules

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With TS Debby forming up, it looks like it will turn west towards south Texas.

I am curious if anyone knows how this might effect us leaving late next week as well as the invasion crew. I am coming out of Dallas on Friday and I am sure tons of people are coming out of Houston. Will they just route flights around the disturbance or what? Never has a TS/low end hurricane in the way of my plane. :)

Anyone have any ideas? I will be monitoring my flight, but I imagine AA won't decide till the last second. I imagine the Houston people would have more to worry about than me.....

Just curious.

You know she was named after our very own Deb, who is celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday [user]ddeborahdelamar[/user] I got you a baby hurricane and put your name on it!:happywave:

Some people will hijack any thread in the first reply! :mad:

It's not much of a storm and may break up by the end of the week. I don't think they'd have any problems flying around it. It could affect your connecting airport, and you might get a vague idea on that possibility the night before. A non-worry really. Map should auto update...

at201204_5day.gif

Brules, you must be psychic! I was JUST checking the weather for Coz, got a little disappointed at what I saw, clicked on this forum and BAM, here it is! Hopefully you're right Don, because I'm REALLY excited and anxious to have some fun in the sun!

Brules - by Friday that thing will be LONG gone!

ANd BTW - just because a weather system has a name, it doesn't mean it is necessarily a big deal. Of course it is still too early to tell for TX where Deb will hit or at what strength - but it's most likely to break up before then - it will be rainy, but doubtful that flights out of Houston and especially Dallas will be affected.

BTW - weather was GREAT here today! I am sooo disappointed that my 5k in Tulum was cancelled for tomorrow - it's going to be a beautiful day! Guess I'll have to ride my bike around the island instead! :)

Hmmm, I said I thought it "may break up by the end of the week," but they just increased expected power to Cat-1. Still no telling where it'll be exactly by the weekend - breaking up on land or still headed west? :idk:

Don't you just love the thrill of adventure travel?
rutabaga.gif

I was just curious as to how it would affect flights. I assumed they would fly around it, (I fly out Friday), but sometimes these storms are wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide and big so I wasn't sure if it would affect anything. Hopefully it breaks up for my needs, but then I really hope it winds up and provides much needed rain to Tx/AR/LA etc.....

Weather on la Isla should be awesome now that this thing pulled away! Can't wait, just don't want this to throw any wrenches into mine or anyone else's plans lol!

Looking at the forecast for Houston for Friday:

Dallas looks about the same.

The airlines will find their way around or over it, might be a bit bumpy though.

Forecast

View Calendar 10-Day Forecast for station KTXPASAD4

Sunday, 24

100 | 75 °F
Partly Cloudy
Chance of
Precipitation
10%

Monday, 25

99 | 77 °F
Partly Cloudy
Chance of