Tues Aug. 24th Weigh In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I am starting this as I am really excited. I am down to 175lbs - that is a loss of two. Now I can almost see the finishing line - 11 more to go. The difference in getting over this temporary hurdle was that swimming and diet together are not shedding the pounds. I have started going back on the Gazelle and watching MTV blasting in the headphones and that has got my momentum going. I did gain a couple of pounds before I decided on Saturday that was what was required and it worked as I lost what I gained and lost a couple more. :)

This is my first week, so nothing to report yet.

316 Pounds. First Goal: Under 300. Long Term Goal: 195.

Quick question: I'm guessing we only pick either Tuesday or Thursday and use that as our weigh-in day, correct?

Sorry to report I'm up 1 pound this week. After maintaining last week I can't keep up with the "splurge" weekends! (Although I did have a really good time). Back to basics and onward.
Good luck to all,
Dennis

Kamala:
This is my first week, so nothing to report yet.

316 Pounds. First Goal: Under 300. Long Term Goal: 195.

Quick question: I'm guessing we only pick either Tuesday or Thursday and use that as our weigh-in day, correct?

Yes! We weigh in once a week on either day. Good luck! A few people that were over 300 are now under 300. I hope we can add you to that list too.

Happy to report that I'm down 2.4 lbs. this week. Getting close to goal weight...yeah....this group has helped a lot! Will keep on the right track until I make it and then hopefully stay there. :)

Thanks everyone!

Kathy

Good work Kathy! I'm close to my first goal too. I agree this group has helped me too!

Sorry folks...I gained 1# this week. I've got to start watching what I choose to make up my points and skipping breakfast is a bad habit to break.

Well, I can't complain - I haven't gained anything, but I also haven't lost anything either. I've been playing with this same weight (exactly the same - I swear their scale is stuck! Not even a tenth of a # different) for the past month, and I'm tired of it. Before last week, I could see what I was doing that resulted in the no loss, but I'm really surprised this week. I stuck to the plan perfectly, didn't use all of my flex points, ate al my fruits/veggies/dairy, and still no loss.

I think it's time I do something differently, but am not sure exactly what. Any ideas?

I looked at the new WW plan, what do those of you who are going the WW route think of it? I like the idea of no tracking, but I don't know how well it will work for me. I can't stomach nonfat milk or milk prodcuts, and need my grains more than once a day, so I don't know how satisfied this program will make me. Plus, my biggest problem with weight management is eating when I'm not hungry, so don't know as I'll stop when I'm suppossed to here. Was trying to think up some meal suggestions and just couldn't come up with any ideas, so I'm going to wait a few weeks to see what other materials they come up with before I try it out.
Any other suggestions?

Maybe I can help.

I noticed you didn't say anything about water. Are you sure you're drinking more then enough water?

The second thing is the grain issue.
You don't have give up bread on WW. I found Natural Ovens light wheat bread. It only has 40 calories per slice and 5 grams of fiber per slice. This bread is a life saver. I have it for breakfast quite often toasted with real fruit jam on it.
If I know I want a sandwich for lunch then I save it for lunch and have a protein bar for breakfast. You must find this bread!

You say your biggest problem is eating when you're not hungry. That's fine. We all do it. Just find something that has no points. OK I'm weird but I'll cut up a tomato and eat it. It fills me up and has no points. Stick with it. We're here for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom