Turks and Caicos Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, but the diving at French Cay is phenomenal. Last year I saw 4 sharks, a barracuda, basketball sized lionfish and more stingrays than I can remember - on the same dive!!!! Two of the best were G-Spot and Double-D.

That dive at night there were dozens of conch, crabs/lobsters, 3 or 4 sharks fed off the fish dazed by the boat lights - within about 100' of us and a huge Eagle Ray flew over our heads. It's probably some of the best diving I've done in the last 5 years - the coral is profuse and just extends down the wall.

I was on the Explorer and we also did a drift dive almost daily. We saw the Aggressor at least once or twice nearby during the week - they do the same itinerary - NW Provo, West Caicos and French Cay. If you get the option to "adjust" the itinerary, West Caicos and French Cay were better than Provo. The fish seemed less afraid the further out from Provo - most of the day boats are from there.

There's some good photos of what to expect here: Saudio's Trip Reports We saw everything but the dolphins. And I just read recently that there's some huge grouper off West Caicos - we didn't see them either. Visibility the last week of May was exceptional also - West Caicos is mostly deserted afaik - French Cay is tiny and uninhabited.

Back
Top Bottom