Turks and Caicos help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BK64

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at heading here with wife and maybe 1 more couple in June.We would be leaving from Canada and wondering the cheapest way to get there.I know this is a pretty open question but we can get to most U.S. airports just looking for a quick 1 week vacation of diving and to celebrate our 25 year anniversary. Also any hints on a nice places to stay. We have stayed in villas the last couple of holidays so if anyone has any insight to accomadations would also be appreciated.

Where in Canada are you flying from? Toronto has direct flights.

I'm flying out of Winnipeg but can fly to Toronto.Which airline flys direct from their. I can also fly out of Minneapolis.

Which island? I like the Osprey on Grand Turk and the Salt Raker (but it was damaged in the hurricane as was Bohio)

Mike

We weren't sure which island just looking for a quick (June) hopefully moderately priced get away. Would take any suggestions you have.

Club Med Turkoise has great diving and the dive operation there is absolutely excellent. From a safety perspective, they have an on site chamber and there is always a dive doctor on the boat.

They have some great deals right now.

By way of full disclosure, I do write for the Club Med Insider website --but I would recommend them even if I didn't.

Jeff

We weren't sure which island just looking for a quick (June) hopefully moderately priced get away. Would take any suggestions you have.

We went to Provo two years ago and stayed at the Royal West Indies. Its a smaller resort right next to Club Med so if you want to get away from crowds its a good place to do so. Its not all inclusive but most places arent on the island. There is a restaraunt on at the resort that has good food and a few places within walking distance as well.

Looking at heading here with wife and maybe 1 more couple in June.We would be leaving from Canada and wondering the cheapest way to get there.I know this is a pretty open question but we can get to most U.S. airports just looking for a quick 1 week vacation of diving and to celebrate our 25 year anniversary. Also any hints on a nice places to stay. We have stayed in villas the last couple of holidays so if anyone has any insight to accomadations would also be appreciated.

Just got back from PROVO (Providenciales Turks and Caicos) last night. My husband and I dove every day for the past week and a half and it was absolutely amazing!! For the best flight deals, I highly recommend AA (American Airlines) and they provide several non-stop flights to PROVO throughout the week. We did a one night stop over in New York (travelling from Montreal) so we saved even more money. I DON'T recommended any Club Med as you have to pay for the diving separately and quite honestly, Club Med is like an Adult Day Camp. I highly recommend Beaches in Turks and Caicos (there are several specials available right now and the 8th night is free). We stayed there and were extremely impressed with the Dive Centre on site. The diving is all included and they will provide all your diving equipment if you don't have your own with you. A two tank dive is provided each day. There is a supplement of $80 if you want to do an amazing night dive, but there is not pressure from the staff. You can check prices and flight selections on-line at beaches.com or sandals.com. There are several condo hotels on the beach that offer beautiful accommodations, but meals, drinks and diving are all additional expenses. Eating out at restaurants is about 30 percent higher than at home, but well worth it. Beaches has 14 restaurants with an amazing array of activities and water sports (all included) and the people are truly accommodating. Have a wonderful vacation.....we celebrated our 25th last year!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom