Turks and Caicos Restaurant Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Reid

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any restaurants worth going to on Provo in T&C? We'll be going there in a few weeks (staying at Point Grace) and could use some suggestions! We'll be diving with Big Blue Unlimited and O2 Tech (two are getting their c-cards and I'm getting nitrox/adv nitro certified and going to try out the rebreathers for the first time).

Thanks in advance for your advice

Eric

Welcome to Scubaboard! I can reccommend many restaurants with pleasure: Do not miss at least one dinner at Coco Bistro (very romantic). Good casual barbeque at Caicos Cafe. Good pasta at Baci and Bella Luna. Good harbor view at Aqua in Turtle Cove. Tiki Hut for breakfast also at Turtle Cove. Top of the Cove Deli for breakfast, fresh bread, sandwiches, subs and cheeses. Nice view at Magnolia above Turtle Cove. Good casual beach food at Hemingways at Sands. Good wings at Shark Bite. If you budget will take it very good dinner at Anacona at Grace Bay Club. Gecko Grille at Ocean Club is also a good dinner. Hard to go wrong on Provo!!!!

Tim - thanks very much for the great recommendations! We're looking forward to it (understatement of the year)!

You might consider at least one day diving with Caicos Adventures. Fifi does a three tank dive to French Cay on Thursday. Do not miss it if you can help it. You also should check out the beach at Malcolm Roads. You will need a four-wheel drive vehicle to get there but it is worth it. You'll love diving in TCI. I think Big Blue runs out of Leeward Marina. Make sure they take you to West Caicos and/or French Cay at least once or twice. If they won't then use Caicos Adventures. Provo is all about the big walls and Leeward Marina is at the other end of the island. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any other help.

Tim

I just made a reservation @ Coco Bistro for new years. But I'm taking my kids there too. Your comment suggests that maybe I should think about Coco as a parents only night. If so, what ideas do you have for new years w kids? That is with kids....who have very experienced palettes...sushi....lobsters, little necks, smoked salmon.... thai, chinese, middle eastern, etc ... pretty much anything... Wendy's Arby's, pizza too.

Joe

PS Fifi's 3-tank dive is planned for Tues because of New Year's eve and New Year's day

Hey Joe! We did Coco Bistro with and without kids. Ours were 5 and 3 at the time and did fine. Its outdoor seating. Tables set in a cocnut grove with Christmas lights wrapped around the trees and tiki torches. Very nice, but not too nice for kids. You will be fine. If your kids like sauce the spaghetti is kid-friendly. Good Luck! P.S. If you want a parents only night I would suggest Anacona at Grace Bay Club. Verry nice. Best wine list on the island.

At 11 and 9 years old I can't remember 5 & 3 in a resturant... any resturant!!!

Well actually not quite true ....I do remember....and with lots of smiles and laughter....Its just that .... well .... I wouldn't want to miss the experience and !!!.... repeating it wouldn't rate up there with # 1, over and over again, experiences to have either!!!!

We usually do one adult night on a trip and I was debating betweenAnacona and Coyaba (sp?). You are the third rec for Anacona and that may be solidifying our choice.

Thanks

Joe

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
I can reccommend many restaurants Coco Bistro, Caicos Cafe, Baci and Bella Luna, Aqua, Tiki Hut, Top of the Cove Deli, Magnolia, Hemingways, Shark Bite, Anacona, Gecko Grille at Ocean Club is also a good dinner. Hard to go wrong on Provo!!!!

Your making me hungry, have been to Coco Bistro, Calico Cafe, Tiki Hut, one of our favorites Shark Bites, and a couple of times to Hemingways. Also to Mango ??
something, but the best part is diving at West Caicos with Fifi!:D

Caymaniac :)

caymaniac once bubbled...

Your making me hungry, have been to Coco Bistro, Calico Cafe, Tiki Hut, one of our favorites Shark Bites, and a couple of times to Hemingways. Also to Mango ??
something, but the best part is diving at West Caicos with Fifi!:D

Caymaniac :)

Amen brother.

Stay farand clear of the Shark bit for anything other than beer. Sea side cafe + the bite- run by same guy- Provo golf club has a nice lay out and frankly $$ is on par with the other resorts - solid grub. 90% of all the fish is flown in via Miami on Provo. All the locals are in construction. The mark up is out of controll. for local food - hit smokey's have the salt cod hash. or head down the old airport road to to a small joint just befor the DMV - forget the name - good creol conch. Coco Bistro is a 10 for french / west indian atmospher. Great fillet. Unless Darren cought it on the Gwendolyn that day - the fish came in through the IGA. Magnolia has the best sunset deck on the Island- food just OK + $$. Terry does a fair job at Hemigways - he is a nice owner and a solid guy- give him the business. Anacona- very $$$ but worth the binge. Baci- pizza is solid nice brick oven- pasta- way too over priced for poor quality. Otherwise, cook at home.

trust me-

Vin

Back
Top Bottom