Turks &Caicos in December/Club Med

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manhattan_Mike

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone dove Turks this time of year? Any advice? I am thinking about going to Club Med, but know enough not to dive with them. Anyone care to share relevant experiences, or any experiences?

Mike

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere we're diving with Caicos Adventures over the New Year holiday. They appear to be the only op that regularly crosses to West Caicos. With other ops its more of a hit and miss once in a while excursion that ventures to W.C.

West Caicos and other points south appear to be the unquestioned best diving from out of Provo.

West Caicos is also among the longer rides to the sites (approx 1 hour)

The shortest rides seem to be to the Grace Bay sites (approx 15 minutes).

Most other sites Nothwest or Pine Cay are going to be 45 minutes or so to get there.

The second choice op that I've read about is Art Pickering's Provo Turtle. And my sense from reading here is that you'd best stay away from Provo Divers.

There's also an eco/tech operator that some one was recently discussing, but I haven't read much about them.

A couple of searches on the board should find some helpful threads about Provo and diving.

Good luck.

Joe

entirely. I've dove Club Med, and while it was not the most dramatic of dives, the wall and night dives were quite interesting. JoJo the dolphin swam with me one day, as did a few reef sharks. So while I'd go and dive other ops I wouldn't discount Club Med completely. As for your time of year and water conditions I can't help.

Get a room at the comfert suites and call Donna @ Caicos adventures- the issue with Club Med it the Cheezzzy atmospher + the dives are off Grace bay- Fiffi (Caicos adventures) has two Boats- 1 - in turtle cove - right by the tiki hut rst - so it'll cover you Grace bay diving. the other runs off the marina on the other side. I suppose the all inclusive is cool but unless its a real bargin - the place is dated as hell.

vin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom