Tusa Concero and Powerview

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi:

I have a large and wide face and most masks do not fit me well. The only mask I have ever found to fit well is the Scubapro Wide Vu. I was hoping they would make it in a black skirt but instead, they have discontinued it. I wonder if you could tell me a bit about the "sizes" of the Concero and Powerview.

I have tried a Visualator, which looks identical to the wide vu but somehow doesn't seem to seal quite right. I know the best test is to go to a local shop and try them on, but no one locally carries these. I would need to order one or both and try them, sending them back if they don't fit well.

Any size/fit input would be great.

Thank you, that was just what I was looking for. I'll give the Powerview a try. Actually, part of my problem is less the width of my face than just the size of my head. I kind of have this George Lopez thing going on and most masks barely reach past my eye socket, causing a leak right to the side of the eyes. Kind of a drag.

jd950
So, how did Powerview mask worked for you?
I have the same George Lopez thing going on and I'm still looking for that perfect mask.
Let me know if this mask worked for you. Which online stores you tried and had good experience with masks return?

The Powerview didn't cut it. The only mask I have ever found that works fairly well remains the now-discontinued Scubapro Wide Vu. I have had the best success buying online from Leisure Pro and ScubaToys. The problem is that it is really hard for me to know how a mask will do until I dive with it, and I don't hink anyone will let you return a used mask that has no defects.

Even if I try a mask with a regulator mouthpiece in my mouth, it might seal up great but then leak like a sieve once I dive it. I don't know what causes it, but my best guess is that the leaks come from "laugh lines" that change while I am diving. I guess I shouldn't enjoy it so much.

I will continue to search for a good fit.

Good luck on your search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom