TUSA Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G.Stod

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some insight on TUSA gear, BCD, Regulators and such? I am looking at buying the wife some gear for when she gets certified next month.

Thanks

G

TUSA was founded in the late '60s in Japan. It's an established company and this season they're new campaign is: "Dive in Color"
Hope that helps you with your decision. Afraid that's all I know

Tabata is the parent company of TUSA (Tabata USA) and other companies take their designs to Tabata for production as they have first rate production facilities. The positive for Tabata/TUSA is that they then get to market those designs under license when the exclusive rights expire.

For example Tabata manufactures Scubapro's designs for them and they sell a slightly cosmetically altered version of the Scubapro Mk 16.

I owned a TUSA BC once and it was well made and well designed. In my experience TUSA has exceptional customer service and actually responds to suggestions for product improvement.

G.Stod:
Can anyone give me some insight on TUSA gear, BCD, Regulators and such? I am looking at buying the wife some gear for when she gets certified next month.

Hope she returns the favor and buys you some gear, too.

I have dove both the regs and BC's and I can say that TUSA makes a fine product. In fact most of the faculty at my university are outfitted with TUSA. Their BC's are great and their regs aren't bad. I would recommend the RS 130 or 240 regs.

My girlfriend and I just bought some more gear (TUSA) the Selene for her especialy designed for women and got the evelution for myself, my 2nd tusa bcd good gear long lasting regelators are good too.

I think Tusa is famous for it's mask also, it was the first company to introduce crystal (surgical) silicone mask skirts. I started to use one of the low volume/capacity mask recently, I like it because it's not expensive and the low vol mask allowed me for a wider vision. I cannot recommand a particular model because I believe that the user need to try it first to see which one would give them the best result.

I have heard that the BC is pretty good for female, Selena... then good in general e.g. Platina, pls search around here or the reviews from DiverNet for the two models mentioned....

Hope this will help!

DA Aquamaster:
For example Tabata manufactures Scubapro's designs for them and they sell a slightly cosmetically altered version of the Scubapro Mk 16.

Scubapro makes their own regs in Italy, not far from the Mares and Cressi factories who also make their own.

Tusa has Scubapro make some of their regs for them, not the other way around.

Best,

Chris

My only gripe with TUSA, is their 3mm dive booties. They are too thin on the top of the foot, and the top of the fin boot will wear a nasty friction sore on the tops of your feet if you use them for any length of time, similar to the ones I have on the tops of my feet, having used them for a week of diving in Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom