Tusa IQ 700 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zach5150

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I sent a PM to the TUSA rep, but I decided to post them here as well for a reply in case others may have similar questions or experiences.
Here is the email/PM I sent:

Hi,
I have a couple of questions.
1) My clothesline style PC interface clip has broken at the hinge. It seems a piece of plastic has cracked off and now the spring does not stay in. It still works electronically, but I have to hold the top piece on my computer (IQ-700) and it slips off easily. Can Tusa repair or replace my PC interface? It was purchased at Scuba Toys in Dallas.

2) How much are new screen protectors and rubber bands?

3)My computer did something strange on a dive recently. I was on a safety stop at about 20 feet and the SS was counting down. Then, the computer started jumping back and forth between very shallow depths and actual depths and my SS countdown disappeared, and it was back in dive mode (with the NDL of 200, indicating I was very shallow). The next dive, it seemed fine. When I downloaded the dives, I was not able to see anything out of the ordinary on the logs. What do you recommend? If I have to send it in, is there a charge? How long is the turn around time?

4) I've noticed some threads in the forum about the interface software. I agree that TUSA should make the new SW backward compatible w/ our computers. Doing this would make me much, much more likely to replace my current TUSA with another one when the time comes. If TUSA does not care about former customers enough to continue supporting them after a purchase, why would we purchase more items when there are so many other choices out there?

Hi,
I sent a PM to the TUSA rep, but I decided to post them here as well for a reply in case others may have similar questions or experiences.
Here is the email/PM I sent:

Hi,
I have a couple of questions.
1) My clothesline style PC interface clip has broken at the hinge. It seems a piece of plastic has cracked off and now the spring does not stay in. It still works electronically, but I have to hold the top piece on my computer (IQ-700) and it slips off easily. Can Tusa repair or replace my PC interface? It was purchased at Scuba Toys in Dallas.
Unfortunately, the PC interface unit is not a repairable product. Replacement interface units are available for purchase directly through authorized retailers, please contact ScubaToys for more accurate price information and availability.

2) How much are new screen protectors and rubber bands?
Replacement screen protector and o-rings are available as a package with part # TC-704, MSRP: $6.99. Again, these parts are availble through our authorized retailers.

3)My computer did something strange on a dive recently. I was on a safety stop at about 20 feet and the SS was counting down. Then, the computer started jumping back and forth between very shallow depths and actual depths and my SS countdown disappeared, and it was back in dive mode (with the NDL of 200, indicating I was very shallow). The next dive, it seemed fine. When I downloaded the dives, I was not able to see anything out of the ordinary on the logs. What do you recommend? If I have to send it in, is there a charge? How long is the turn around time?
From your description, it would seem that the computer is operating normally if this problem did not recur on the following dive. The IQ-700 safety stop timer is activated when ascent depth reaches 20ft (with suitable N2 loading from dive) and stays activated until the 3 minutes has passed or the computer ascends past 10ft. If the computer/diver stays within the 10-20' depth window the computer will continue countdown. If, however, heavy swells or other issues make depth variable and not within the depth window you may experience what was described. The NDL 200 display would be shown after serving the 3 min safety stop in that 20-10' depth

4) I've noticed some threads in the forum about the interface software. I agree that TUSA should make the new SW backward compatible w/ our computers. Doing this would make me much, much more likely to replace my current TUSA with another one when the time comes. If TUSA does not care about former customers enough to continue supporting them after a purchase, why would we purchase more items when there are so many other choices out there?
TUSA certainly cares about our consumers and our retailers and any such comment otherwise is incorrect. New TUSA computer products being introduced will have upgraded software and interfaces as dictates. The IQ-700 and 800 PC software was developed by a 3rd party and any such upgrades are not available including access to code or otherwise that has been suggested in previous threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom