TUSA X-pert zoom split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divecon_nik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Im looking at the open heel TUSA X-pert Zoom Split Fins for my girlfriend. Anyone have any experinces with them, good or bad? are they a good fin for the money?

Im looking at the open heel TUSA X-pert Zoom Split Fins for my girlfriend. Anyone have any experinces with them, good or bad? are they a good fin for the money?

I have five pairs of fins... and the X-pert zooms are my second favorite fins, and the ones I dive with the most.

They are a stiff split fin...so one has to learn how to be efficient with split fins or they will hate them...however, at their best... they are wonderfully efficient, easy to use, and after my apollo fins, the fastest and least leg cramping fins I have.

Why dive them more than the Apollo? Well in warmer water, the Apollo are rather heavy...the X-pert are not.. so it is more a trim issue.. I wear the Apollo's in cold water. However, bang for your buck, the X-pert are a steal.

I've got a pair and really like them.

the only negative thing I can say about them is that if you "over power them" by kicking to hard from a start, you can "burn them out" (bend them in/over) and not get optimal kick thrust. (but you can do this with a lot of fins.)

you should be able to pick these up from LDS's on sale now days for $99 as they are clearing out for a slight model change.

well, i dive with apollo split fins myself. there is a pair, locally, that are the perfect size for my fiance'. They are brand new and i offered the lady $40 and she said yes. so, i just wanted to see how they rated. Im sure that for the money, i will not be able to beat them. they look like they could be on the shelf, too. guess ill get em for her. she will be starting her certification class soon. thanks for the input!

Ok...out from behind the bushes.....

I guess I am the only one then that have a pair and do not like them. Yes, I know how to use them ....I know the modified kick....yada yada.....

I just find them inferior in any kind of current to my Mares Avantis. I will stick with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom