Twin 7s (300 bar), wing size and shape?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poisonorange

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - I know this discussion has been had before, but I'm struggling to find either 'definitive' or consistent advice on how to know what size wing is a good fit for twin 7s.
It seems like some say that anything that's enough for a 15L cylinder (30 lbs ish) will provide enough lift for a set of twin 7s but others say nothing less than 40 lbs.
And, while a too big wing will 'taco' around a small set of cylinders, what does it look like when the wing is too small / ill-fitting - is there a minimum width in the section between the walls of the wing that will accommodate? Any guidelines?
(For context, I have an OMS performance wing with 27 lbs lift that I use for single cylinder diving but am wondering if it will just be an obviously bad fit.)

what width manifold/bands are you planning to use? with tight spacing, the old apeks wtx3 works fairly well.

if you have standard 215mm spacing, then any 35 to 45 lb doubles wing should be workable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom