Twin Lakes on July 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillT5:
ReefHound..

It look like it might just be me and you, but I'm sure there will be other people there that we can hang out with. You said that you need a dive buddy, so I volunteer for the job. We can get a couple of dives in at least.

I'm all in. Cuda says they open at 10 (sounds kinda late to me) so I'll be there at 9:45 unless you think we might be able to get in sooner. Maybe we can be first in and have some viz before swimmers pour in. All I got is analog gauges and dive tables right now so if anybody has a recommended dive plan it would help me get started. Based on recent posts sounds like a shorty will do.

ReefHound, since we generally don't get under 30 feet, I just watch the time and make sure I do a saftey stop at 15ft. I'm bringing a shorty, if it's too warm, I might not wear it though. I was there Memorial day and the place didn't get very busy, most people won't think it will be open! I drive a white ford 4 door Explorer.

Weii, Bill....looks like you'll be celebrating by yourself. We sure would rather be with you than hanging around a hospital!!! Take a few breathes of canned air for us, will ya?

I have only been to Twin Lakies once, last summer. I havent had much of a chance since we went to Coz last year. I can make it on Sunday maybe in the morning. Anyone think they will be there? Sure like to get in a diave, if just to get wet. BTW, can i rent a tank there? Or do I need to bring one? I'll be chcking here later or you can im me. Catch yall later.

I plan to be there at 9:45 unless you know they open sooner.

I'll be in a little red Hyundai Elantra. I'll bring some little snacks and I figure we can just hit a fast food place nearby between dives.

We're gonna be able to make it after all. Will get there around 10. Will be in a sand colored Honda Element.

Are ya'll gonna be at the Point?

Dee:
We're gonna be able to make it after all. Will get there around 10. Will be in a sand colored Honda Element.

Are ya'll gonna be at the Point?

Good to hear it! Planning on being at the point. I drive a white 4 door ford explorer.

Had a great time at the lake today. Finally got to meet BillT and Reefhound. Nice to meet you guys!

Whew... That water's warm! 90º on the surface on 84º at 25ft. Viz varied betwee 6-15ft. We talked to Mike today and he's making a real effort to seperate the divers and swimmers. It was really nice not to have to wade through kids, floaties and lawn chairs on the dock.

I was there on Saturday and made two dives before before the swimmers arrived. And I want to go out on the 4th but only got Mike's answering machine so I figured they weren't open and ended up staying at home.

PS has anyone every dove in the small lake?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom