Twin tank BCD with Airtrim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakobon

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Mares Vector 1000 AT BCD which I use with my 15 liters tank (and off cause my Abyss 42 reg :D ...). I really like the Airtrim and would like to use only that from now on ... it simply brilliant !!

But I start thinking about moving to a twin tank (2 x 12 liters) and wonder how this can be done while still keeping the benefits of the Airtrim ... ?

When looking through the Mares 2010 catalog I cannot find any Wing vest or any BCD with the Airtrim system that supports a 2 x 12 liters tank set.
I have seen that most Mares BCDs can be reconfigured and support twin tanks, but they are all limited to 2 x 10 liters ...

Have anyone seen a Mares twin tank solution with Airtrim, or do Mares have any plans to make such a BCD in the near future ?

Many regards,
Jakob

I've never seen AirTrim before, so I was sort of intrigued. I couldn't see from the pictures online how to orally inflate the BC though.

Sorry for the offtopic.

the oral inflate hose is just behind the airtrim inflator. it stores in a pocket there.

Hi, I'm glad you like your bcd and regulator. The Bcd you have simply is not specifically designed to accomodate twins. While you can mount twin brackets to the backplate, you must remember it is plastic and the weight bearing on it may cause it to crack. If you are very determined, it is possible to find a metal backplate that may work. This I cannot confirm.

At this time, I am not aware of a future airtrim product designed to specifically handle twins.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Thanks very much for your reply Zak.

I hope Mares at some point introduce a twin tank BCD with Airtrim - I would buy one for sure :)

Best regards,
Jakob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom