Twin Tanks on Mares BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

franski

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is it possible to use twin tanks on a Mares Icon BC? If so, what parts do I need to modify the BC and what's the best place to order them from? Thanks in advance!

I see that was your first post. Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Wow, I know a lot of dead people then. Who knew? Especially given that the Vector 1000 was a great bc for doubles. Scubapro even made a third-party adaptor for them. Not to mention that Mares even told you the doubles specs in the Vector manual. Since the Icon seemed similar I just wanted to know if it was as adaptable.

Thanks for the welcome though; nothin says welcome better than an inaccurate, unsubtantiated flame. :wink:

Franski,

Thanks for the question. Due to the unique configuration of the Icon, I would say doubles are not an option. The Icon does not have a backplate which allows it to fold up into a travel friendly shape, thus I don't think it will have the structural integrity to hold two tanks.

P.S. Welcome to the board! I don't think the other poster was really trying to flame you. I think it was meant to be a joke. If you hang around long enough you will find there is a great majority of BP/W divers on this board.

Sincerely,

I just got the icon and there is info oh how to set up for dual tanks in the pocket of the bc.

Any one know how to fold this thing (Icon) up mine came unfloded and it didnt come with instructions on how to fold it up! ty!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom