• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No Preference.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bren Tierney

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you find it easier to conduct isolatations and shut-downs using 'Twinverts' or standardly configured twins?

'Twinverts' = Inverted Twins.

In this rig config you have the pillars, manifold and isolation valves all at (ahem) arse-level. Your (extra length) hoses are fed up through between (and then bungee-tied-off) the cylinders and then fed over your shoulder.

This means that shut-downs are conducted by reaching behind you, to the small of your back/buttocks and then addressing the valves, instead of reaching over your shoulders and behind your head.

Here ya go mate. Check this out.

http://www.nigelhewitt.co.uk/snowy/sc6.jpg

Some people find this really difficult to manage and others say it's ten times easier than standard config. What d'ya reckon?

Bren Tierney once bubbled...
Here ya go mate. Check this out.

http://www.nigelhewitt.co.uk/snowy/sc6.jpg

Some people find this really difficult to manage and others say it's ten times easier than standard config. What d'ya reckon?

Interesting. My first thought was that you'd hammer the manifold but looks like that set has a good protective cage on it.

I think there'd be increased drag with the butt end of the tanks forward, not sure how much though. Also trim characteristics would likely change.

Interesting thought though, looks easy to manipulate valves, less chance of needing to also I guess.

WW

Wow, just my opinion but that looks like it would introduce a LOT of problems to fix one non-existant one.

Just a few off the top of my head...

1. ALL custom length hoses
2. Crazy hose routing
3. Cage on the valves (unecessary entanglement hazard)
4. have to be independant (or can one use butt muscles to manipulate the isolator... nevermind... :wacko: )
5. Can't hear a leaking 1st stage
6. Kind of goes along with #1 but one would now need a 9ft instead of a 7ft primary........
7. Puts entanglement hazards (valves, cage) where you are MUCH more likely to become entangled....

WYDT once bubbled...
Wow, just my opinion but that looks like it would introduce a LOT of problems to fix one non-existant one.

Just a few off the top of my head...

1. ALL custom length hoses
2. Crazy hose routing
3. Cage on the valves (unecessary entanglement hazard)
4. have to be independant (or can one use butt muscles to manipulate the isolator... nevermind... :wacko: )
5. Can't hear a leaking 1st stage
6. Kind of goes along with #1 but one would now need a 9ft instead of a 7ft primary........
7. Puts entanglement hazards (valves, cage) where you are MUCH more likely to become entangled....

Excellent points, particularly about the isolator...... :)

Not sure I agree on #7 though, seems less likely to entangle to me. Certainly harder to fix though if it happened.

Personally will be keeping mine upright though!

WW

What a fantastic idea! They would be perfect for a rocking boat in the north Atlantic. If you sat down hard, you wouldn't have to worry about what type of entry you would do. You would be whisked into the air like James Bond. When you hit the water, there would be no worries over kick style as you have a DPV that's ready to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom