Two (2) minor questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

First...

I have noticed that under my avatar I have gone from a ScubaBoard Veteran to an Enthusiast.

Can I get Veteran back? It helps me and other Vets to hook up.

Second....

I went on to PayPal and made a Defender donation. I saw no blank to fill in to associate my donation with my "RichinNc" handle on SB.

How is the association done so that I...and others....can have the Defender tag under our avatar?

Just curious....thanks.

rich

Hey,

First...

I have noticed that under my avatar I have gone from a ScubaBoard Veteran to an Enthusiast.

This is an automatic thing that is done based on post count. Different ranges have different titles to identify participation levels. Supporting members have the ability to change their user titles to whatever they like (within the ToS).

Second....

I went on to PayPal and made a Defender donation. I saw no blank to fill in to associate my donation with my "RichinNc" handle on SB.

How is the association done so that I...and others....can have the Defender tag under our avatar?

Just curious....thanks.

rich

The donations are kept separate and not related to users. The defender tags are done on an honor system. You can join the defender group by going to the following link. Once you join the group, you'll have to chose to be identified as a member of it for the tag to show: User Groups

I was hoping to get a red name and a defender tag when I sent some $$ via pay pal too.
I sent the pay pal but no red or defender tag.

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Defender tag can be accessed as listed above. The red name tag is for Scubaboard supporting members: Supporters

I believe a while back, the standard text labels were changed because some of them were occasionally causing confusion, especially with newcomers.

If you want your old label back, there's always becoming a Supporting Member, in which case one of the benefits is that you can change the text to whatever you want. :)

Appreciate the come backs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom