DIR- Generic Two deco bottles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tech-2 divers who dive with 2 bottles, say you are diving with an AL-40 (Oxygen) and an AL 80 (Nitrox 50,) how do you align your tanks? Is the gas you switch to first, AL-80 on the outside (left) or inside (right)? Is there a standardization that addresses this and may I know the reasoning behind any preference?

Tech-2 divers who dive with 2 bottles, say you are diving with an AL-40 (Oxygen) and an AL 80 (Nitrox 50,) how do you align your tanks? Is the gas you switch to first, AL-80 on the outside (left) or inside (right)? Is there a standardization that addresses this and may I know the reasoning behind any preference?
There is no standard for this. We intentionally have no standard to avoid people using position as part of their gas switching procedure.

In terms of only 2 bottles it really makes very little difference.

HTH
John

There is no standard for this. We intentionally have no standard to avoid people using position as part of their gas switching procedure.

In terms of only 2 bottles it really makes very little difference.

HTH
John

Thanks so much John.

I have no standard either. I put whatever one is floatiest or going to be floatiest on top when in the ocean so that the left hip clips jam together a teeny bit less. For cave dives, I do the reverse so the heavier bottle pushes the lighter one down and minimizes damage to the ceiling as much as I can. Doesn't really apply to an 80 and a 40 that are dropped in a cave, more how they are reattached once I pick them up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom