Two old goats and a young pup....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
...went diving on 9/17. Beautiful day for diving at Falling Rock. Chad is the young pup, since I have kids his age:D One of the old goats did a very nice job on his light salvage dive:clapping: Too bad you weren't there to see it Chris. It really was nicely done. The object he was salvaging ws in one of those areas with lots of John's(John is one of the Old Goats") favorite "black stuff" he is so fond of.:D It was down in a "hole" of sorts and would have been very easy for him to have silted out completely. He never messed up his viz at all even while rigging the object. Chad was in the role of supporting team member, handing rigging and lift equipment as needed and keeping a watchful eye on things ready to lend a hand if needed.

Navigation dive was a little less sucessful mainly the first leg. The second leg of his course was a near miss on the cabin cruiser. If there had been better than the standard viz I think he would have hit the second destination. Leg three came out on target as did leg four. Its a good thing he was on target for leg for as he found an "unconscious" diver at that point:D He handled that situation very nicely :clapping:

Significant progress was made on finning techniques AND you should have seen John on the golf ball retrieval game---very well done!!!

The night dive will be done 9/30/06 and we will re-do the navigation dive on that Sunday morning. Then we will make arrangements for the deep dive at Laurel Lake.

This class has been allot of fun and it has definately advanced my diving skills. I would have liked to nail the navigation but I really did'nt expect too. I don't know what my problem is with this compass is, I think it's broke! :D Seriously, I think I just need to slow down. This weekend will give me a little practice so hopfully I'll have it down by next.

Chad, It was good to dive with you and I learned a few thing from you as well. Thanks for the pointers and advise you offered. Hope to see you around more often.

Three down and three to go! :wink:

Man you did great out there.

Your bouyancy is very good. Keep working that trim and finning but you are in good shape already. We all always have to keep working on those to get them right and keep them right. :D

Remember too that training is fun. :D

Chad

Hey Krobi,
after we test out the uw/golf hole, what do you think about John
navigating us around the quarry? Sounds like he is ready to lead!

Actually I'd like to do that. Lord knows I need all the practice I can get! :chillin6:

Land Locked:
Hey Krobi,
after we test out the uw/golf hole, what do you think about John
navigating us around the quarry? Sounds like he is ready to lead!

Sounds good to me, John, can you snatch the pebble's from the master hand????

When and where are you guys diving this weekend? I've decided against heading up to Gilboa for the GLWC M&G due to the weather. Don't want to camp with all of the rain coming. However, I'm looking into options for diving on Sunday. Looks like the bulk of the rain should be through by then.

DH, we are going out Saturday, your welcome to come on down!

I'm going to have to pass on the Glwc-m&g also, not due to weather
but to go down to Mermet later on.

KROBI:
Sounds good to me, John, can you snatch the pebble's from the master hand????

Not if I had to find it with a compass! :headshake

When will they figure out the underwater GPS! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom