Types of drygloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

what r d different types of drygloves r there in d market?

how are thy differ from one another?

thx in advance

There are a lot of different kinds. Personally, they do not give me the dexterity that I like. I use 3mm wet suit gloves over the latex wrist seals and they work perfect for me.

These drygloves are the simplest and most economical solution to cold water diving.

Purchase them here, or cheaper still --buy in bulk, glue on some drysuit wrist seals and make your own. . .

A lot of people find the latex seal gloves a complete nightmare to get on (especially the 2nd one) and even harder to get off. Usually results in 1 dry 1 wet hand.

I tried the Nordic Blue dry gloves (with the latex seal) and I hated them. Like String said, one wet and one dry and several 4-letter words in between. Then I purchased the Si-Tech dry gloves and I have loved them since the first dive. Very easy to don/doff, easy to maintain, easy to install and take off your drysuit, and you can easily replace the gloves if they rip. I only purchased the rings. They wanted $70 or so for the actual gloves, so I bought the same ones at Home Depot for $5, and Army surplus glove liners for $2. Could not be happier with them. You can buy them at diveriteexpress.com

i have been told that using the ones with ring always ends up leaking, is that true?

I got my ring set from Scuba Toys. No leaks on about 20 dives. I have no trouble putting on or removing gloves by myself. Hands stay so warm in 37 degree water. Don't like wearing gloves on land or water, but I will say that the dexterity is not to bad I can handle and use small screws (# 8 x1) with little problems underwater.

I have the Bare drygloves. No leaks up until a couple of dives ago, then my left glove started leaking. I need to see if there is a hole, or if I just was unlucky and had debris on the oring. For now I just removed the rings and am using neoprene gloves again.

I have never had a leak in my gloves. Once I pinched an oring when I put it on but I caught it as soon as I splashed and corrected it. Problem solved. Since that dive, I use dry suit zipper wax to lubricate the rings and orings and they slip right into place every time. As long as you keep the rings clean you are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom