• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Typhoon Goni Super Category 5 - Luzon Trajectory

Discussion in 'Philippine Paradise Divers' started by Blueringocto_73, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Mike Veitch

Mike Veitch Dive Charter

Whoa!

Blueringocto_73 likes this.
  2. Blueringocto_73

Blueringocto_73 Banned

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I may need your help again after this storm does it's damage. My girlfriends tito died just before the storm hit. I'm going to send her something for the funeral.

3. D_Fresh

D_Fresh ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Roger that, we'll handle that through PM or email.

4. Rickk

Rickk Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I am in Moalboal Cebu now, no significant rain just some wind but nothing to worry about. (as of 18:00 1 Nov )

Have been talking to friends in Manduluyong City and Makati. Their local cell towers are still functional and they are reporting heavy rains and some flooding, local news saying over 1 million people evacuated.

Blueringocto_73 and D_Fresh like this.
  5. D_Fresh

On the slopes near "recent" eruptions (up to even a few years), the lack of vegetation in combination with loose ash and stratified soil makes for a very dangerous situation in prolonged heavy rain... The ground just lets go, as a typical landslide, but then acts much more like a liquid flash flood... They're extremely fast moving and devastating to anything in their path.... I won't post it here, but in the same set of pics, there was an obvious fatality :(

RyanT and Blueringocto_73 like this.
  6. D_Fresh

Good to hear mate, thanks for that update. My asawa's family is in south-central Cebu Island, they reported clear skies, just a bit breezy. As I understand, more northward had some rain, is that correct?

Cell towers around Las Piñas, Parañaque, and Muntinlupa are still up as well; maybe a few isolated outages, but nothing reported as of yet. Interestingly, the rainfall in Muntinlupa hasn't been as significant as expected. Makati and Manduluyong typically receive more than than my location though...They're also more prone to major flooding... Best wishes and prayers to all those affected nationwide.

7. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
  8. D_Fresh

17 dead, nearly 395K evacuated in Bicol due to 'Rolly'

:(:(:(