UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This must be Indian Ocean side correct? We're still 38 - 41C surface temp and 32C below at 28m on the Gulf side. Temperatures did start comming down luckely in the past 2 weeks, there is 5C difference in bottom temp. Qatar waters.

After a two month absence due to a perforated ear while I was in Bali back in July, I was declared fit a couple of weeks ago and had my first splash with my daughter who recently returned from Oz.

We had our own boat via Palm Dive Centre at the Radisson and had a couple of dives at the "Reserve"

No lack of nudis but they were all tiny apart from one H. kanga and a few C. militaris.

First dive was a bit of a disaster though due to new floaty strobe arms that were very positively buoyant, i fact I had no gas in my wing at all during the first dive and this proved to be very challenging with all my buoyancy at one end of my body.

As my tank got down to 100 bar after 50 mins, I realised that surfacing was going to be an issue, so I shot my DSMB and sent the camera up the line securely using a couple of double enders.

With that done I could now trim myself and surface safely as there would have been no way to hold a safety stop at 6m while holding onto the camera.

Most of the nudis were less than 10mm in size and plenty less than 5mm.

full

full

full
Such beautiful shots though
I'm thrilled to see these photos

Such beautiful shots though
I'm thrilled to see these photos

Thanks Chilly.

Where are you these days? I've not had much time due to work to follow up on SB except for jumping into "Chat" to catch up with some friends there.

This must be Indian Ocean side correct?

Correct jfe, we don't do much diving in the Persian Gulf.

Now that DIMC is going to be cleared out for a new Cruise Liner Terminal , The Dive Centre is shutting up shop there and all operations are now over at Sandy Beach on the east coast. Not that the visibility off Dubai is anything worth writing home about, I can't remember the last time I dived off the west coast.

Thanks Chilly.

Where are you these days? I've not had much time due to work to follow up on SB except for jumping into "Chat" to catch up with some friends there.

I'm in Canada (home) right now. My father took I'll and then passed this spring. Many family issues arose so I've been away from Scubaboard for a bit but I'm back now for the time being. Soon to return to SE Asia, starting on lob at Raja Ampat in late December, then Singapore with no firm plans again until March, when it's back to North Sulawesi. :) then back to Canada again.
Might I bump into you somewhere?

Hi Chilly,

My sincere condolences, sorry to hear about your father.

Well since you are in SE Asia there is a good chance that our paths may cross. I am currently looking at Anilao or Lembeh in April

Surface temps were 28-30 below 10 m then 24- 22. So once again the dilemma of what to wear. Boil at the surface and on the boat, or freeze down below

Our Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club will be diving Inch 1, 2 & 10 Oct 13. Can you confirm that you had temperatures of 24-22 please. Hopefully you mistakenly looked at your December log!!!

Cheers

GJS

Our Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club will be diving Inch 1, 2 & 10 Oct 13. Can you confirm that you had temperatures of 24-22 please. Hopefully you mistakenly looked at your December log!!!

Cheers

GJS
I looked - I rechecked... I sniggered...

But it's warm at the surface.

I'm guiding in the Musandam this weekend - and am breaking out the 5mm

I'm diving Inch 10 this Saturday, so I can update you.

I did hear that Inch 1 was around 23C last Friday.

Back
Top Bottom