Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just been on the phone with Mrs. Greminger (who handles the bankruptcy case of Uemis), since I'am trying to get some refund for my dead SDA, which is still under warranty.

According to here, so far there is no "big fish" interested in the intellectual property and the production as a whole. Just the usual vultures interested in furniture, tools etc.. :(

Reactions: BB1
Anyone wants to go in? Since no interest perhaps few of us can chip in $100 and make an offer :wink:

My main interest is website and computer source code.

I would be interested in trying to keep hold of the website, an offline divelog will be great, but so far we still need the online one.

Yeah I totally agree with you: keeping the website online is important.

- the domains are for sale but the office in zurich does not know if the web content is included or not.
- the website is hosted by joker.com . I've sent them earlier an email regarding the hosting fees for UEMIS

so I guess it's not impossible to buy the domains but there will be fees to keep the thing running which implies some fundraising by the community is highly encouraged. I am interested in buying the domains and keeping the stuff running but I won't do so if I have to put alone 50-100$ a month for the hosting.

If we find 100 people willing to pay the monthly fees... I would join the fighting fund as well!

It shouldn't cost that much to host. Perhaps $100 or so a year. I agree, web site (with source code and database for it) is the key here. It would get us the offline parser as well :wink:

Perhaps $100 or so a year.
That's what I pay for my website for a year on a shared server... but if you get a dedicated server, you'll end up more with 50$-100$ a month which is 12x higher. The host for uemis is actually beastassociated and they go up to 77 euros a month for hosting and up to 1200 euros a month for intensive housing on a rack. I sent them an email to try to know what type of contract UEMIS had with them.

I have a small website business and use shared servers running PHP/MySQL which I lease. I would be happy to host the sites if they will run on this and would do it at cost price, less than $100 per year. I have been running hosting for over a decade on a small scale, so the sites would be safe for some time. I am also hoping another company will start up taking up where Uemis left off, so much potential there ...

Back
Top Bottom