Uemis closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a nice offer GeekFrog, however I'm fairly certain a dedicated or colo'd server is going to be required for the databases. Shared hosting plans usually don't mind much about bandwidth, but they do care a lot about processor time / utilization which affects all the other shared accounts on a physical server.

I'm not sure how intensive the scripts / software are for UEMIS's site.. Probably not nearly as intensive as SB.... Since NetDoc already has a rack, maybe those who own SDA's and want to see this site continue on should get in touch with him about possible hosting options. A server could potentially be built out for it and bandwidth allocated..

There you go Pete... I know you are bored and wanted something else to maintain... :wink:

David

ScubaBoard would be happy to assist in any way possible. I am certain our servers can handle anything that they might have.

Last edited:
I would be interested in trying to keep hold of the website, an offline divelog will be great, but so far we still need the online one.

Actually, no we don't. I have logged my last 20 dives without ever connecting to the website.

I think we still need it for now as we have no upload capabilities to the SDA right now... I use this feature a lot to upload divespots, buddy data.

I've just got this email from webmanufactur and that sucks:

Dear Mr,

the UEMIS website and the synchronization between the SDA and the website is a highly complex system which includes both proprietary and open source technology which runs on a dedicated server and requires continuous maintenance. Several parties, including ourselves, claim rights to parts of the website.

According to Mrs. Greminger the website will not be sold separately, which makes sense if an investor is interested in the technology of the SDA.

I understand your wish to maintain the website online, but I strongly recommend that you continue your efforts to draw the data directly from SDA. I am glad that the community efforts have been quite successful.

As to my knowledge, the server will stop running at the end of this month. Maybe you can draw the community's attention to this fact again and urge them to download their dives from myUemis.

We are not involved in the hosting. It has been ordered by UEMIS directly, I estimate it at EUR 300 per month. You would need to contact Mrs. Greminger if you would want to cover the costs for the next months.

Best regards
Donat Fritschy

--------------------------------------------------------------
Webmanufaktur Fritschy & Cie. AG <http://www.webmanufaktur.ch>
Altenbergstrasse 8, CH-3013 Bern
Tel +41 31 312 51 51 Fax +41 31 312 24 40
--------------------------------------------------------------

one question: What will happened after the end of August regarding our data? Do I see this correctly, all the data online will be lost but all the data on the SDA are save! As soon there is a 3 party solution I can import/export all my data from the SDA again.

Are both data sets the same or do I lose some important information?

one question: What will happened after the end of August regarding our data?
- end of online sync
- end of download/upload from uemis.com
- end of uemig.org

Do I see this correctly, all the data online will be lost but all the data on the SDA are save!
You are right.

Are both data sets the same or do I lose some important information?
The format is different (base64 encoded bytes vs xml) but the data are the same.

So far we are able to download most of the dive data but we don't know about uploading because no one has tried to upload data (because of the risk of damaging the computer)

Does anyone have a downloaded copy of the last firmware that they can share.

Would like a copy tucked away just in case........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom