Uh oh...dis ain't looking so good...(FG trip)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, a dumb question...

I am new to scuba, just got certified in March. I know what DCS means but what does "undeserved hit" mean?

I would say great question, and someone has already posted a great answer.

I just checked through Scubaland and there are only 4 people signed up through them for the Labor Day trip? I scratch my head. :(

I had a FG trip come back early for a DCS hit a few years back.

As far as I'm concerned, it comes under the "acts of G-d" column. Even if in our case the diver helped contribute (he was dehydrated, did a long dive at 75 +/-, with a straight ascent and no safety stop. His buddy commented "but the computer only said we came up too fast a couple of times.")

We came back in early. But I can't compare my inconvenience and cost with someone's health, regardless. If I was that concerned about the cost, I'd get insurance. Inconvenience comes with life.

Glad to hear he's doing better. Hope that his recovery is uneventful.

I just checked through Scubaland and there are only 4 people signed up through them for the Labor Day trip? I scratch my head. :(

Yeah, I've been watching Gulf-Diving's space available posting, but they haven't updated it since 21 July. I know there's a month to go, but I'm getting bummed....we really want to go on this trip.

I had a FG trip come back early for a DCS hit a few years back.

As far as I'm concerned, it comes under the "acts of G-d" column. Even if in our case the diver helped contribute (he was dehydrated, did a long dive at 75 +/-, with a straight ascent and no safety stop. His buddy commented "but the computer only said we came up too fast a couple of times.")

We came back in early. But I can't compare my inconvenience and cost with someone's health, regardless. If I was that concerned about the cost, I'd get insurance. Inconvenience comes with life.

Glad to hear he's doing better. Hope that his recovery is uneventful.
That's pretty generous of you to feel that way about what sounds like idiot diving. :mad:

Yeah, I've been watching Gulf-Diving's space available posting, but they haven't updated it since 21 July. I know there's a month to go, but I'm getting bummed....we really want to go on this trip.

I stand corrected - they updated today to show only 11 openings. So that's what, 23 signed up? I can only hope we're nearly into the "weather permitting, the trip is on" numbers, but with fuel costs being what they are I'd assume they want no less than 80% booking or so to make money.

I stand corrected - they updated today to show only 11 openings. So that's what, 23 signed up? I can only hope we're nearly into the "weather permitting, the trip is on" numbers, but with fuel costs being what they are I'd assume they want no less than 80% booking or so to make money.

I'm sure enough divers will sign up for the trip to make. Of course, weather is always subject to change with absolutely no notice! My GF and I went on the July 4/5/6 trip and I thought it would fill up really early, but in the end, it didnt get full until about 1 or 2 weeks out. I was puzzled too.....don't worry about unless you find yourself about a week out and there are still several spots available. I'm jealous! Have a great trip!

It will fill up. I do not book until last minute anymore because, I like to book direct. I want Gulf Diving to make the money on the trips not the dive shop who had nothing to do with getting me to sign up. I also have a varied schedule and never know what is going to pop up that might need my attention. Lastly I like to see what the weather is going to do. They go out in up to and including 5 foot seas. I can do it, but it's not my cup of tea. I like anything up to 3 foot or so.

sorry to hear that---all 30 spots have been filled for weeks on the Aug 6,7, & 8th trip.....All slots are out of SW Louisiana ie True Blue Scuba has the entire boat.....now all we need is decent seas......lol.........come on high pressure, don't leave us now...

It will fill up. I do not book until last minute anymore because, I like to book direct. I want Gulf Diving to make the money on the trips not the dive shop who had nothing to do with getting me to sign up. I also have a varied schedule and never know what is going to pop up that might need my attention. Lastly I like to see what the weather is going to do. They go out in up to and including 5 foot seas. I can do it, but it's not my cup of tea. I like anything up to 3 foot or so.

And sometimes bigger but that's the Gulf.....after so many trips out there, you just take it as a way of life, fishing/diving life that is........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom