UK light canon, as a video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubbachicken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all
is there a light color corection filter avaliable, using my light canon when others are using different lights, i have noticed that it drains away the color
if i'm going to use my light canon as a video light, well for that matter even for wreck or night diving, i'll need to correct the color of the light
also what rechargable battery pack is avaliable for the torch
thanks in advance for your input

Are you using the diffuser for it?
If you're "bleaching" the colour, that's usually a sign of too much light (not a problem I've ever had UW).

hi there
i think i remember seeing some kind of diffuser when i got the torch, if you mean the one that came with it, but i cannot find it now, will that change the color, i don't think as it is it's any brighter than other torches out there, it's just too blue/ cold, i used it as a video light and it just drains the color away
i don't want to have to replace the light, but at the moment it's no good
any idea's

rubbachicken:
hi there
i think i remember seeing some kind of diffuser when i got the torch, if you mean the one that came with it, but i cannot find it now, will that change the color, i don't think as it is it's any brighter than other torches out there, it's just too blue/ cold, i used it as a video light and it just drains the color away
i don't want to have to replace the light, but at the moment it's no good
any idea's

The filters that come with the cannon diffuse the light, making it much more practical for video purposes, as for night diving, use your fingers infront of the light to break it up a bit so you don't scare anything :eyebrow:

Camareas underwater now sell a mount for the light cannon so it can be fixed to a Arm :wink:

Paul Evans:
The filters that come with the cannon diffuse the light, making it much more practical for video purposes, as for night diving, use your fingers infront of the light to break it up a bit so you don't scare anything :eyebrow:

Camareas underwater now sell a mount for the light cannon so it can be fixed to a Arm :wink:

thanks
i have found the filters now, but i still need to change the colour of the light
come on light canon owners do you use them as they are
or are filters avaliable

rubbachicken:
thanks
i have found the filters now, but i still need to change the colour of the light
come on light canon owners do you use them as they are
or are filters avaliable

With these filters you shoud'nt need to do anything else :wink:

Without the filter you have a very narrow beam of light, surrounded by a much darker (unlit) area). The camera will try to 'average' the lighting and the huge overexposure in the lit area will wash out the colours, as well an reducing contrast. The diffuser that came with the light cannon will soften and spread the beam, so that the entire area the camera 'sees' is evenly lit, and presto the colours will come back. You should not need anyother filters. At the very least, try it once before you spend money on filters.

is there a way of hosting video for free
perhaps i could show you what i meen, when another UK light {the D8} was used the colors came out as they should, as soon as i shone my torch into the same place the colors drained

rubbachicken:
is there a way of hosting video for free
perhaps i could show you what i meen, when another UK light {the D8} was used the colors came out as they should, as soon as i shone my torch into the same place the colors drained

Check the "Sharing Video" post. Chris is offering free space on his pc/site.

ronrosa:
Check the "Sharing Video" post. Chris is offering free space on his pc/site.
hi there
i'll have to sit down and try and get it from the camcorder to the internet
it might take a while, too much technology
:lam: :lam:

Back
Top Bottom